We had a meeting with our adoption agency. It went very well. We were able to say what we needed and the case worker understood. She said she was use to getting families their children rather quickly and didnt want us to be disappointed because it wasnt happening fast. She feels as though some of our beliefs and the way we raise our children will hinder us from getting chosen. She said the state likes things in their box and when you are an out of the box type family it may be a difficult road.
Paul and I did great though. We looked at each other and just told her we were ok with waiting because God's got this. We believe this is His will and His plan for our life and it'll be okay. We just wanted to make sure we had an agency who supported and trusted us. An agency who would go to bat for us. She thinks we are wonderful parents and she's good to go, so we are good to go.
In that meeting we were talking about things and as she was talking God showed me her laughing and I started laughing. Only I was laughing out loud in real life and she was just laughing in my vision. She was eating her words in my vision. I believe that God will show us all who's boss and He will be glorified through this adoption. I hope that others including the agency see miracles with our adoption and come to know and trust Christ in a way they never have before.
During our conversation we got on the subject of a child, a certain child we had seen on the website. Now I never thought in a million years this child could be a possibility. He was at the top of our age range and I just remember thinking "He's cute." But never could this child be ours?
So now that we are a go on the adoption front we are getting the rest of the papers done and our training is in a couple weeks. We still need a babysitter for it. It is 3 full days. Our CW is also going to look into that child just to see whats up with him.
Please keep us in your prayers.
Pray God's perfect and pleasing will be done.
Pray for that child to find his forever family even if its not us.
Pray for our agency.
Also continue praying for the twins I have mentioned before. Their caseworker has been taken off the case which is a huge answer to prayer. Pray they find their forever homes quickly. Pray for the judge in their case too because he denied a family the right to adopt them because they lived out of Texas.
Thanks for all the support.
Be blessed
praying hard!!!!!
ReplyDelete