NO I am not in a bad mood. That "test me" is from the Bible. Did you know God said that? Yes it really does.
Malachi 3:6 “I the LORD do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. 7 Ever since the time of your ancestors you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you,” says the LORD Almighty.
“But you ask, ‘How are we to return?’
8 “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.
“But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’
“In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the LORD Almighty. 12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the LORD Almighty.
So we did. And guess He was right! No we are not suddenly millionaires. Pouring out His blessing may not always mean financial. God ask Paul and I to do something this month. I was nervous. I knew it would all work out but still. So we did it. I said "Ok God we did what you ask and I dont know how this all works but Your word says to test you. (Preparing for lightning to strike me) So Lord, I am asking You to help us. We need a babysitter for the adoption training. Please help us Lord."
Now dont get me wrong we did what God ask and not because we wanted to suddenly get rich but because He is God and He ask so it must have been important. So as the days were getting closer and still no one could help. We took out an ad. 10 people responded only 1 said she could work those 3 days the other 9 could not. That one wanted more money than we had. We tried to find someone at church and the church tried to help us. Nothing.
I knew we were called to adopt again and this training was the only way we could. God? Are you there? I know you like to do things last minute to show off and that is just so fun, but Im kinda starting to freak out a bit.
So last night we go to an adoption fund raiser. A delicious spaghetti dinner with the most beautiful people I have ever seen. We had a blast. As I was talking to a very awesome mom of 8 kids soon to bring two more home I ask her for prayer. I ask because I trusted she would. I knew she was a person after God's own heart. I told her we needed a sitter and without hesitation she said, "I'll do it!" I told her no thanks and that is not why I had said anything. She said she would and I explained the hours and she was okay with it. She ask her daughter to ask my kids for a play date. I told her then if she was sure I would take the money we had for the babysitting and pay her. She wouldnt hear of it. She told me when she needs something she will ask but it was her pleasure to help us. Wow!
On the drive home Paul and I were feeling so full(not of food) and blessed beyond our wildest imagination. He looked over at me and said, "It works." I said what works?? He said doing what God asks us to do.
God has blessed us so much this month. He has answered our prayer. I am so very blessed.
Thank you all who prayed for us.
BE blessed
Amazing!! God is always so good like that!!
ReplyDeleteI love it when God is in a thing! I knew He would come through. Ashlee, I truly believe that you will see more of that as you walk out God's plan.
ReplyDelete