Friday, March 30, 2012

Waiting...

We are in the wait and see phase. I do not do well in this phase. The homestudy is in Houston. All they have to do is decide if we are this little guys parents or not. When I called to talk to someone in Houston he said something that didnt sit well with me. He said, "If we have enough homestudies then we will make a decision."

If one family steps up and says I will care and love this child. I will be his mom and we will take on all those responsibilities. Why is that not enough? How many is enough? Paul said its like they need a million homestudies before they will agree to review the cases in foster care.

The system is flawed but our God is not.

I was at the grocery store yesterday and while we were shopping we saw a black woman with 2 black kids and 3 white kids. Beautiful family! Paul looked at me and said we should go ask her if they are all hers. Then we both laughed! I hate that comment and refuse to ever utter those words to anyone else. In fact, side note the night before we were at another store when a woman walked up to us and said the infamous "Are they all yours?" And I looked at her and without even realizing it I let out a heavy sigh and said, "yes and we are adopting more." She was so nice she said she loves big families. I kinda felt bad for the sigh but it was like it was totally out of my control. haha.

So anyways where was I? Oh yeah so we got to the check out and that same woman and kids were in front of us. She looks at us and goes "wow yall look like us." Lol. I then said yeah and we are hoping to add some more soon both domestically and internationally. Thats all it took she opened up right there about her 3. Got them outta foster care. She ask what agency we were with and told us who she and her mom use. Told us Down syndrome kids were the best and also william syndrome kids were awesome too. She said she has tried for a baby with ds and so has her mother who has been fostering and adopting for 20 years. I ask her how long her adoption took and she said not long but she said the system was very flawed. So it isnt just me who thinks that! After she left the cashier ask us how she could adopt and some other questions about it. We referred her to Gladney. A seed was planted.

I thought it was so amazing to see a beautiful black woman with 3 white kids. I had never seen that before. Honestly I havent. She was a beautiful woman and obviously was raised in believing in adoption and orphan care. God bless her mother!

I love talking about adoption with other people and then having more people want to adopt. I really am missing my boy and want him home. So I wait. We all wait. Noah waits for his brother to come home and play with him. Trin waits for her new little brother to teach him all she knows. Cherry waits for her little brother to talk to and read to. Sarie waits for her "twin" brother to hold his hand and hug him and be all in his face loving all over him. AJ waits for her big brother to show him all her movies and books. To dance around the room with him and watch wonder pets and signing times together. We wait as a bed sits empty and a place at our table vacant. We wait and hope and pray that the wait wont be much longer and our son can come home to a house full of love.

I can't wait to see my son for the first time. Kiss his beautiful brown forehead and sing to him. I can't wait to see Paul pray with him at night before bed. I can't wait to take him to church and see him worship a God who loves him. My heart is waiting for my children to come home so my family can be whole.

Please pray our wait is not much longer. That the caseworkers choose us to be this little ones family. Pray that where ever he is now he is loved and cherished and cared for.

Be blessed

1 comment:

  1. We, too, had a perfectly good Domestic HS when we felt called to the wonderful world of International Down syndrome adoption. I'm anxious to follow your journey!

    http://bringinghomealittledude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.