I am amazed at the out pouring of support from our community for our adoption. My friend Shelly suggested that we go to yard sales and give them a flyer asking if we could have what they don't sale.
I cringed.
Ok, I hate asking for things. God is working on me with that but I felt super uncomfortable, asking friends now I have to ask strangers. Geeze! Paul printed out ton of flyers and we headed out to yard sales. At first I felt like I had to buy something at every sale. But then I couldnt afford to and didnt really need anything so I didnt. I walked up to the first person. Thank God it went the way it did because I got less and less uncomfortable as time went on. People were generally wanting to help. The 1st day 3 families stopped their yard sales right then and there (10am) and gave us everything. I was overwhelmed by their generosity.
Today we hit a community yard sale by our house and every one was so receptive. Paul has been out all day collecting. He has had one truck full so far and is out now. Its not even 1pm yet!
Not only are we collection things so we can raise money for our adoption but we are getting the word out about adoption and orphan care. People are asking questions and wanting to know more and how they too could adopt or help. This is what is most amazing to me. Sure I want to have a great sale but if my talking to these people didnt bring in a thing but one orphan was able to be adopted then I call that a huge SUCCESS!!
So I just want to say thank you Texas! Thank you amazing loving wonderfull southern people for hearing us out and giving us all your stuff!
I also want to thank all my Pittsburgh Peeps who have sent stuff for the yard sale. Y'all are amazing. God is doing amazing things and just like with our first adoption I know that many more will come home because of our boys story.
If you want to learn more about adoption feel free to ask me. If you are local come on over to our house for a huge yard sale on May 4th and 5th. The ad will be in the paper and on craigslist. Thank you so much!
I pray God richly blesses all of you who have given.
Be blessed
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.