Thursday, April 19, 2012

God is GREAT!!

Yesterday we went to do our fingerprints. We had just had them don in March and spent 80.00 doing them. I was not looking forward to doing them again. Paul being the resourceful man he is, found out that the local Police Dept does the prints for 10.00 per person so 20.00 Yay!

So we packed up all the kiddos and headed down town to the Police Station. The kids got to see several people arrested, 2 hookers and a few weddings. Such a great learning experience. One of my ever insightful daughters said, "I thought you get married in a church, not a police station." Lol Churches are so yesterday! Just kidding. At least she didnt see all the children pile out of the courtroom watching mama and daddy getting hitched then I would have had more questions to answer. :)

It was our turn to do the prints. First Paul then me. When I went back the guy and I started talking and as with anything I do adoption came up in the conversation. I showed him the picture I have of the boys, talked about where they were. He said it was a noble thing we were doing. Noble my butt I said it's what God commands us to do so I am just doing what I should. He then told me that he and his buddy have a mobile fingerprint business on the side. If we ever needed fingerprinted or our friends who were adopted did they would come out to the house and do it, waving the mobile fee and just charging the 10.00 How AWESOME is that?! What a great guy.

But if I can backup just a little bit while we were on our way to do the fingerprints we had no idea how we were going to pay for the apostilling and notarizing. I knew it had to be done soon but how. Plus we would have to travel 3+ hours just to get to the place that apostilles. Gas alone may break us! While stuck in traffic Paul gets an email. A guy wanted to buy some pedisure we had on craigslist for like the last 6 months. He ask us how much we had and we told him 25 cases. How much for all he said?! What! We told him 400. and he jumped on it. So God answered our prayers. It will be 200.00 to apostille. Gas will probably take the other 200. So there ya go. God brought the money needed at the time we needed it.

Another issue.

Where can we get our commitment papers notarized? Well our amazing friend said that banks do them usually so I called our. It is a very small bank so they know us. I really like the service. The guy on the phone said they did notarize and he could do all the documents for a flat fee of 5.00 Yep you read that right 5 dollar! AH_MAZE_ING!!!!! God is so good!

An issue I didnt know I had

My friend offered to take me to apostille all the documents. How cool is that. I have no idea where that place is and driving over 6 hours in one day by myself with 5 kids-not my idea of a fun time. Haha. She also tells me that it will cost 120.00 to ship the commitment papers to our sons country. WOW! BUT- she says! She knows of a couple families going over and they can hand deliver them. Thank you Jesus! What a blessing.

So today I am working on the commitment papers so I can go get them notarized probably tomorrow and then apostilled next week.

God is providing left and right. If God is urging you to give please give. He will bless it. Even if you can only give 1.00 your gift is enough. I know God will multiply it and bless you for your faithfulness.

We have a buy your birthday going on right now and we will be having another fundraiser soon. If you are local and have anything to donate for our yard sale just leave a comment and we can talk offline. Thanks so much.

Please keep our boys and our adoption in your prayers.

Be blessed

6 comments:

  1. My plan is to buy our grandchildren's birthdays but may have to do it one or two at a time. Can you please send me Judah's and Misha's birthdays, too, so I can put them on our calendars. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are giving me such hope that my adoption WILL HAPPEN!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose.
      :)

      Be blessed

      Delete
  3. Found you over here from "The Blessing of Verity" web site. This is so awesome (I'm ws guardian for a quadraplegic cousin and she was SUCH a blessing to us! She went home to heaven in 2010.)! I don't know who I'm more excited for - you all or the boys!

    Anyway, I just wanted to say that our DMV does notary work for $1 a signature with a cap at $5. Something to look into for the future!

    Congrats!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.