Saturday, May 5, 2012

YARD SALE! Phase 1

UPDATE: Sold some pans so now the total is 930.13


We did it! We had our first yard sale. ME and yard sales we just never mixed before. I maybe made 20.00 at most if that. I was shocked to find that  on Friday from 6am until about 5pm people didnt stop coming to our house.

It was a B-E-A-utiful day, a sunny day, a HOT day! I was sweating in places that I don't like to sweat if ya know what I mean. The first day brought in 563.03 WOWZERS! It also brought a very very painful sunburn, but hey all labor is painful.

Highlights of the first day

-talking about my boys

-meeting some of the neighbors

-hearing Avenley ask for "scun scream" (sunscreen) lol

-trying for 5 mins to understand what a nice man was saying "wiring" No we don't have wiring. "No...uh wire ing" Wiring? No no wiring. No.."No...(pleads for a friend to help in spanish) Agua."  AGUA! WATER YES YES YES so sorry. Red with embarrassment.

-a woman getting out of her car screaming "WHO IS JUDAH AND WHY IS SHE ONLY 25 POUNDS!" Then I explained it to her and her eyes were opened and her heart broken. She said she couldnt stand to hear anymore. She said she didnt know she was coming to a yard sale and would go home and come back tomorrow with a donation. Bless her heart.

-my best gal calling me asking if she can bring us food or starbucks. I heart you!

-talking with a woman about Gladney, adoption, the plight of the orphan. Then seeing her come back later with her mom asking more. She is going to call Gladney, she wants to adopt..special needs. Praise the Lord!

God was with us all day. Not saying satan wasnt oh he tried. But All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose.

It was an exciting day. I am learning that not a lot of people know about Edna Gladney though. C'mon peeps! If y'all are from Texas learn about her. She is the reason "illegitimate" is no longer on the birth certificate of an orphan. She made sure that adopted kids have the right to their inheritance. Its just amazing! I love Texas history!! Check out the movie too, oh my gosh I hate old movies but loved Blossoms in the Dust.

We went to bed feeling more blessed than we deserve.


Day 2

The place still looked like we hadnt sold a thing. We had so much to do but we both slept in, some more than others :) (me) The morning traffic started way too early.

Highlights from the day

- I was digging stuff out of boxes when I found my great grandmothers scaunce. You know the candle thing that holds a candle. I was getting mad. Who would put this in there! How dare they! It was handed down and one out of the 3 we have was broken.  I yelled over to Paul he was just as confused as me. I walked into the house and all 3 are on the wall. I could not believe it! I took the broken one down and threw it away. My set is whole again. I thought about my great grandma and my grandma for a minute. My heart was full. See..God even sees our smallest wishes and sometimes grants them. I love how He reveals Himself more and more as my Papa.

-Then when I came back outside Paul found a box of corrning ware dishes. Someone ask us if we had any so Yay!

-We had a large Mexican family come up and they looked and looked but didnt find anything. Then one by one they came up to me and handed me money saying, "For the babies" I started to cry. What a beautiful outpouring of love.

-2 women came and were both in the adoption arena. They were awesome and will be great resources. They said they would love to help us anyway they could. I am so grateful. for the community support we have here.

-A woman who was here yesterday went home and shared our story with her daughter and she came back today with her daughter and a great donation for our adoption! So selfless! My heart is overflowing.

- Friend Katie brought her baby by and our boys played together...kind of. :)

-Also lost my kindle at the gym and Katie once again was there for me and picked up and brought it to me. TYSM!!!

-The mail man bringing me my mail and donating to the cause. He rocks!

-More people wanted to help us bring the boys home. Several people offered to help. One woman offered to give us her earnings from singing.

-Taking the books we had to half price and getting 20.00 mainly for Narcotics Anon. books. So who ever donated those thanks!

-Met more of our neighbors! That was so cool to finally get to talk to some of them after living here a year.

- having a pizza party with the kids and watching a movie!

The day was long and hot. Not as busy as yesterday. I was starting to worry we would not make our goal. The my friend Shelly reminded me it was more than we started with. So I tried to keep that in mind. The love that these people shared with me was amazing. I felt a sense of community. We may have been different colors or spoke different languages but we all saw the pictures of the boys and felt responsible to act.  I say it all the time but I LOVE TEXAS! My heart is so full.

SO y'all are waiting on totals arent ya? :)

I thought we needed 820. but then we redid the math and the USCIS fee says 805. this time. Paul was looking up the fee and I was counting the money. I ask him 4x what was the fee again? The amount I counted was 805.08 The exact amount we needed. Then a little while later we got a couple more sales so we made 810.13

God knew we needed 805 but gave us 810.13 How great is our God!

I just want to say thank y'all so much for giving, coming to sale, buying things, praying. It is because of God and y'all that our boys will be home soon loved on healthy and happy!

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.