Impatient is something I really should not be as a person who is adopting. The adoption process can be long and drawn out and surprises can arise out of nowhere.
Today I was really struggling. I was told over a week or so ago that I have a new son, Micah. My heart is so full knowing he is ours. Now I want to bring him home. See he isnt a half a world away like Misha and Judah. No, Micah is only 4 hours from home. I have this child who has a mama and a papa and 5 siblings who are overjoyed and can not wait to get him home, but does he know that?
I know his first name, that he is allergic to milk and that he is probably 5 years old. I know when he went into foster care, 4 long years ago, and he lived in 2 foster homes. I also know that he is not potty trained and probably has sensory issues. I don't know his birthday. I don't know what size he is in. I don't know his favorite color. I don't know if he can say mama. I don't know what he likes to eat or what is his favorite toy.
My caseworker is amazing. She went to the mat for us I heard. I would expect nothing less from her. This gal fights for the orphan. She cares about the kids. Interesting fact, she was also Noah's caseworker. She is becoming more like family than caseworker it seems. She understands how excited we are and is so nice about the incessant emails she gets from me every.single.day. She ask Micah's caseworker when his birthday is and what size and was met with silence. I know they are busy. My heart just knows that my child is so close but not here with us.
When you find out that you are having a child what do you do? If you are like me you run out and buy something. Buying something makes it seem real. I want to get Micahs room ready. I want to buy him some clothes. I want to know if his birthday is close or if he just turned 5. I want to prepare as much as I can before he arrives. But I cant.
I know it may seem silly to you. I hear that God's timing is always perfect and it is. I agree. I also know that if two or more are gathered together in His name there He is too. Jesus will intercede to the Father for us. Please pray that we can hear about Micah this week. Pray that we get to bring him home in the beginning of July. We have a good many reasons as to why we want it to be this time. Please agree with us in prayer.
Please pray for all the mamas out there wanting to hold their babies. Pray for all the babies out there waiting to be held by their mamas. Pray for all the babies out there without their mamas laying alone in a crib dying slowly and painfully. And pray for the people who refuse to do anything for the least of these because their fate....is worse than death.
Be blessed
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.