Saturday, July 14, 2012

DSPTC Annual Swim Party

Today was our first DSPTC swim party. We werent able to take Micah this year but every year from now on we will be. As I looked around into the sea of almond shaped eyes I felt calm and peaceful, safe. I felt like I belonged. It was an odd feeling. There were children and people all around, lots and lots of people yet the whole place felt calm and safe. I never once worried about my children or the kids playing with or around them. It was an unexplainable feeling. It was amazing. 

There was no yelling, swearing, mean kids or kids being picked on, no stressed out parents, no cranky people just smiles and laughs and happiness. Genuine happiness. 

It was fantastic to be there, but something....no someone was missing and my heart knew it. Every child that walked by I thought of Micah. Is he this size? Maybe bigger? Can he speak like her or him? Does he know how to swim? I wonder if he likes the water as much as these little ones do?


Does he have a dramatic personality? Does he love to laugh?





Is he adventurous and fearless?


Is he social?


Will he be happy with us, here in this house? Will he mourn the life he had? What will our life be like when he comes home? We cant wait, but will he be scared? Will it be sleepless nights and no hugs or smiles but just tears and tears? 
Has he ever been around any kids with DS? Has he been on a Buddy Walk? Does he have friends? 
All these thoughts were going through my mid as I watched these beautiful families and their amazing kids. 

I had a chance to just be when we went and got some pizza and ice cream they had for us. I have never seen so much pizza!!! 
Micah was not forgotten by the other mamas there. So many ask me about him and a new friend even brought him a birthday gift. How sweet. I was truly touched.

The scripture says God sets the lonely in families and I really feel like I have found mine. These are people that know how wonderful having a child with DS is and they just want other people to know that too. They want people to look at them not with looks of sympathy but looks of happiness. I got the chance to meet some of the parents of the Kinderfrogs Grads I took pics of. The one mother was so touched by her child's pictures that when she found out who I was she hugged me. When I told her our little boy would be coming home soon she cried. She told me that she was so touched that someone would want to have a child like hers. She knows and even stated he is the best gift ever, but others dont see that, so to have someone want to have a child with DS was so moving to her. 
To me, she is the blessed one. She is the one who has gotten to birth a child with DS. Seeing all these families makes me want to have a baby with DS Paul is screaming NOOOOOOOOO! As I type. lol. No more babies I know! Anyways where was I? I had a fantastic time and can not wait for the next event. It was AWESOME!


Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.