Today was a crazy cranky day. All week has seemed harder than normal. I realized last night that I hadnt been doing my daily Bible reading. That really makes a difference. I went to the gym to get my workout in and kept getting interrupted. I go days with no one calling me then all of a sudden today Im the most popular gal in Texas.
While at the gym I forgot my book so I was trying to think what could I do for 30 mins on the elliptical before my body pump class started. I hate not doing several things at once. I remembered my Bible app on my phone and started reading Matthew. I love the gospels. Then more interruptions and I got upset and was like screw it! I got to my class worked out then called my BFF from middle school. She had texted me and called during class and I couldnt wait to call her back. I needed a friend.
We talked for 3 hours. She prayed with me 6 separate times. God had told her I needed prayer all week. She obeyed. I cant tell you how amazing that was. After our talk I felt stronger. So strong in fact I called to see if the file was at the adoption agency. I thought maybe...just maybe. Nope! Thats when all my strength melted away and I wanted to throw in the towel. "I can't do this God its too hard!" I kept saying. As hard as it is to admit it I was wallowing in some serious self pity. "Why is this happening? Why can't they just do what they are suppose to. This is too hard!"
I guess one thing about me is I can get over stuff like that semi-quickly as I grow older. I immediately got into action mode. Some way Some how if I could do anything I will because Micah is worth it! So I called the CPS adoption gal and she didnt answer, then I remembered she gave me the case workers name and a number that may be able to get me to him. I called the number and gave them the spelling because its weird I have no idea how to pronounce it. She knew who I meant and gave me a direct line. This is where it gets to the place I want to stick large long needles in my eyeballs!!!
He picks up. Wow so he is alive! We have ask, caseworkers have ask, supervisors have ask him to call or email us but nope not in 9 months or more have we ever heard from him. Our son's case worker. Each word he spoke was followed by 10 mins of pauses. He seemed to be on facebook or watching a really good movie rather than talking to me. He wasnt there with me if you get what I mean. It took forever!
I got real sweet with him.
Me: Since apparently the file keeps getting lost in the mail my husband and I are just going to drive there and read it.
Him: ah.......mmm.....well.......i will have to.......yeah I will check with the mail room and see...um..i'm gonna have to.....
Me: (getting annoyed this has already taken 15 mins but keeping calm, cool and sweet) Well all we need to do is read the file and it isnt coming and we are concerned for Micah having to change schools and be with new people he needs to be home to bond.
Him: (inaudible) .... .... ..... ..... .... .... well I guess.... I will be here all tuesday.....
Me:Great! Tuesday it is, I will be out there Tuesday. What time? Morning ok?
Him: well....yeah...I mean....I will be here all day......
Me: Ok well great we will see you in the morning on Tuesday to read the file. And (now I get real southern and real sweet) since we are traveling so far to read a file that keeps getting lost in the mail I would love to have a staffing the next day and visit with our child. My husband is taking off work and we are coming such a long way....
Him: well.....we.....well we have.....I have meetings on Thursday and .....I would have to.....um....well...maybe......yeah...we could have the staffing on Tuesday but.....not the visit not until.....well maybe Friday but.....well...um....I will have to clear this.....
Me: That is so great thank you so much so Tuesday we will be there to read the file. Wednesday we will see you at the staffing and Friday at the visit.
Him: Yeah...I will...yeah I guess...I will call to confirm.....
Me: Great so Tuesday we will be there to read the file. Wednesday we will see you at the staffing and Friday at the visit. It was great speaking to you and I will see you Tuesday we will be there to read the file. Wednesday we will see you at the staffing and Friday at the visit. You have a great day!
Then my wonderful awesome amazing gladney caseworker called. I told her what I did. She got the same impression from our son's caseworker. She said to call others to let them know we were coming because he seems so flighty that he may just not show up to work on Tuesday or tell anyone. So we are doing that tomorrow.
Now as if that wasnt amazing in itself there is more and this gets AWESOME!
How many people told me about God's timing? So many I could spit! I know that His time is perfect I never doubted Him or that statement what I had a problem with was stupidity. This morning a person in Houston with 2 kids with Ds offered to watch our kids while we are out there!!!! That was an answer to prayer!
Next this same woman told me that her parents wanted to give us their house to stay at next week since they would be on vacation! GOD YOU ARE AWESOME! I couldnt believe it! She said they love Jesus and love down syndrome so they wanted to help. WOW!
God is so good and His timing is perfect. The waiting still sucks but God never does! I never doubted God and I hope I never came across that way. I just hate that some people dont have the child's best interest in mind. You dont like to work..Quit! The children should never have to suffer!
Thank you all for the prayers. Please keep them coming! I pray this all works out and if so tomorrow it will be 7 days until I meet my son!!!
Be blessed
You are a spit fire & that's what God uses to get things moving along. And that's why you are a great voice for the least of these, I just didn't want you depressed & beside yourself with worry, b/c God has it in the bag . . . He really does. Your testimony is great! You'll be the next book writer.
ReplyDeletePrayed for Micah at community group tonight. Cool thing: the girl who prayed on behalf of the group is an adoptee!
ReplyDeleteThank you both. Debbie, I didnt want to be depressed either. I generally am not a worrier but I do get sad sometimes. I knew God had it and I knew I was stronger than these weak feelings. So I decided to act. That made me feel very strong!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the prayers, They are working.
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. Jame 5:16
Be blessed