Friday Aug 10th
We headed to the airport at around 6 or so. It was a good hour or more away and if we ran into traffic we wanted to make sure we had time to get there. We got there in plenty of time. We checked the boards and watched on our phone as the flight left Houston and flew into where we were. The kids held the sign and balloons we were so excited. This was such a hard week so we felt like this was a huge victory. People came off the plane and then no more people. Where was he? Then the phone rang. It was the caseworker.
He said he was at a different terminal waiting. We rushed over to the other side of the airport to see our boy! This was it!
The moment he saw us he jumped into my arms said Mama and then told his caseworker Bye!
He was so happy to be with us again. He responded to his name Micah immediately. We headed home with all 6 kids! He was so hungry. He ate all the snacks I brought him and then we stopped to get him some more food.
We got home and the case worker had to come check out the home. I put all the kids to bed and laid with Micah. It was a long night but after some redirection he knew he must lay in bed and go to sleep.
Saturday August 11th
He woke up before 6am woke the entire house up and even started biting people. I was not happy. We got him breakfast and he tried to steal everyone elses food. All day long all he wants to do is eat. We took the girls to get haircuts, free at Pennys, and he bit Noah. He drew blood and tore the skin off. He is fast. He bit AJ again too. She is terrified of him. I feel so bad.
The caseworker came to check on him. Micah was in the computer room. Paul and CW walked in and Micah saw the cw and looked at Paul and said "C'mon. go." He took Paul by the hand out of the computer room, told the CW bye and shut the CW in the computer room alone. LOL.
He got to skype with new grandparents, pauls parents, and he talked to his new great gma on the phone, my gma. He threw a fit when we ask him to take a nap and AJ was scared he would come into her room and bite her.We took him to church and he did well. The kid wears me out though.After we all went to the store for melatonin. God bless MELATONIN! They had a sale BOGO free praise God! So I got him that and Ginko. He has never had to take pills or vitamins so he doesnt like to do so. He very much wants to be in charge. Sorry buddy I hold that title! We came home and I made him, soy free, dairy free, gluten free mac n cheese. Don't ask! He screamed and screamed when I went to feed him. So I let the plate on the table and he went over and ate him himself. Maybe he just wanted to do it himself. Then he had some GFDF chips.
He wanted more and more and more to eat but I told him that he had enough. I got down on his level, looked him in the eye and told him there would always be food for him to eat here. He would never go hungry again. He didnt have to eat everything in the house today out of fear it would be gone tomorrow. I will continue to reassure him. He went to bed without a fight, progress..or melatonin haha.
Sunday August 12th
GOTCHA DAY!
Micah woke up before 6am again and once again bit one of the kids. We got him up and got him breakfast. When he was done he grabbed at one of the kids bowls and shoved the food down his throat. We gave him a bath and got him all ready for the day. At 9am on the dot his CW showed up. Micah ran into the computer room and shut the door and would not come out. He wouldnt let anyone in either. Paul had to tell him CW wasnt here to take him. Then he came out.
We tried the vitamins again and again with the dramatics, gagging and refusing to take them. Finally he did. That will get better with time I am sure. He watched Barney and wanted nothing to do with CW. Paul and I sat there and signed all the papers. Our wonderful CW came in and we finished up the paperwork. She will be coming around this time every month for 6 months to check on us. Micah's CW was leaving and Micah was hiding, no way he was going with him. We assured him he wasnt and got a pic of the two of them.
Then our caseworker had some papers for us to sign. One needed to be read and signed by everyone in the family. The kids really liked that. Each child signed their own name and felt very important doing so.
We went to church and Micah was a handful. We tried everything and he seemed to settle when ask even if only for a minute. I am exhausted. I ended up leaving my phone in church. I am trying to do this but it is hard. I imagine it will be for a while, like Noah.Tomorrow starts our doctors visits. We hope to keep him out of school and homeschool him but I dont know if we will get a waiver to do so.
Be blessed
I am curious with all the biting M is doing, does he need a lot of oral stimulation that might be helped with occupational therapy? Or is it more of a learned behavior and something he felt he had to do to survive?
ReplyDeleteI am leaning more toward Oral Stim. He doesnt seem to be angry when he is doing it. And it isnt brought on by anything in particular. He sees the dr tomorrow so I will bring it up. I need to get him into therapy asap.
ReplyDeleteBe blessed