First Let me tell you about what made/makes Micah go to the bathroom 10x a day. SUGAR. Yep! How do I know this? Today we had a tailgate party at church and it was a basic free for all for the kids. Cookies, cakes, donuts, candy they tried them all. Then we went to a trunk or treat hosted by our adoption agency Gladney. I allowed the kids to eat some of the candy there.I thought it would be a real treat for them since we dont really give them a ton of sugar at home. After that we had to go to our adoption group. When we picked the kids up they told us Micah had 4 poopy diapers in 30 mins. He had another one right after that on our way home from church. So now we know.
That would also mean if he was pooping 10x a day everyday at the foster families house then all he was eating was junk and sugar. The foster mother told us after he ate breakfast at school especially pancakes with a lot of syrup he would start pooping. He was tiny and pooping all the time because they fed him junk from sun up to sun down. My poor boy.
Next I want to tell you about what happened yesterday. We had a very busy day. Well our last activity of the day was a down on the farm day we had at Ride with Pride. That is where AJ takes her riding lessons. The 4H group opened up the ranch to SN kids and their families for a day of free barnyard fun.
Micah seemed ok. There were farm animals there. Miniature horse and donkey, he seemed fine petting them. He got more nervous with the big horses. I really dont think he had ever seen animals like these before. The chicken and the baby calf he seemed to enjoy petting. We were going to let all the kids ride the horses, but before that we went into the chicken coop area to look for eggs. In was in the back of the one barn. The door was metal and large it was open and inside was a large wooden wall full little square doors that had locks on them. Inside the doors were fake eggs. When we stepped into the room he froze. He started screaming NO NO NO! His body went stiff, he cried real tears.
Paul and I have never seen him like this. We both looked at each other like what do we do? I picked him up and instead of conforming to me he stayed stiff screaming. I tried to show him the eggs and he screamed like I have never heard before. He was terrified. There is no other word for it. I took him out of the room and we went to the horses. I was still carrying him and he was still very stiff. He kept looking back at the door. He didnt settle down for awhile.
After that we went home and it was near bedtime. He was misbehaving which he hadnt been for awhile. The next day at church he was really bad. He wouldnt listen, he was aggressive and the teacher said she didnt know why he was acting this way. He refused to listen the rest of the day as well. Another thing is he was really wanting a lot of food yesterday. He was looking for it and taking food again and wanting just a lot of food. Something triggered this. I wish I knew what he went through the last 6 years of his life at least I think I want to know, but maybe I dont. If a locked door and dirty looking room can do this to him do I really want to know what happened?
All I can do is let him know that we are in this for the long haul. We love him and he is ours. We are mom and dad and no matter what he is staying.
Have any of you gone through this? I have never felt so helpless in all my life. When my kids are hurting or scared I hold them and comfort them but I couldnt do that for him. It was the worst feeling of helplessness.
Be blessed
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.