Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Spiritual Warfare and gifts

My family has been under attack for about a week now. Its been hard, but I know that all things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose. We definitely are called. I dont think I would be having 8 kids if we werent lol!

First it was the car. Dang thing! This will be the 2nd or 3rd time since agreeing to adopt that it went on us. So we fixed it. Then it went again. Ugh! Fixed it a second time and still not right so need to fix it again. Fun! Paul knows how to fix it by now so we save a bit of money on labor.

Then I was at Kohls during a shooting that killed a guy. God kept me protected and out of the line of fire and sight. I had a few rough days after but now am fine. I dont intend on shopping there again for a while but otherwise Im good.

Kidney Stone! Lord have mercy...and He did. After being in unimaginable pain and feeling like I wanted to crawl out of my skin. I prayed and showered and bathed and took pills and prayed and bathed and showered and prayed and prayed and prayed. Then we called a dr and he said ER! I said NO WAY! So then I waited until Carenow opened and got in to see them. Got an antibiotic and went home to rest.

Toothache. Still painful. Still getting worse. Still unable to pay the dentist. So still not getting it fixed. That is a constant pain. I wake up with and go to sleep with, tooth ear and throat pain. Throat because the lymph nodes are infected and swollen.

Paul and I getting into a fight.

So I am getting knocked down over and over again and by the weekend after the dinner I am barely standing. In my mind I see me in the corner of the ring all bloody and bruised, eyes swollen, being held under my armpits by God. The only way I am standing is because He is holding me up. I know I am going to have to fight again but my body is tired. I am weak. I complain. But when we are in the thick of it, when we feel like we have run out of extra lives, when we feel beat down and know we cant take it no more! That...that is when we know, when we should have faith that something big is happening. Something so big that satan wants us down and out so we cant receive it.

What happened? Well, after all that stuff went on from car to kidneys we get a donation for 410.00 in the mail. THAT IS HUGE!!!!! Then after the horrible weekend we are told that the family who made all that pasta for us, bought it, cooked it, cleaned up and all that, well they want to give us the amount we paid for them to do that back to us as a donation to our adoption! 300.! Bam! God is good!!!

So even though I am bloody, broken and swollen and in pain and can barely stand I see Jesus behind me lifting my arm up as we stand in the middle of the ring winners! I have never doubted God in all of this. When we agreed to these boys I had a supernatural peace about this adoption. That feeling has never left me. The spiritual warfare has been hard though and sometimes I get so weak I just want things the way they use to be. But then I remind myself of two things.....

1. This is the only hell I will ever know because I have a Savior who died for me, who loves me and because I love and accepted Him I get to go into eternity with Him and never have to be hurt again!!!

And 2. And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Thank You Lord for never leaving or forsaking me.  Not for a moment did You forsake me.






Be blessed

1 comment:

  1. Praying for supernatural healing so no money will need to be spent and no more pain will occur!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.