As some of y'all know, the house we are living in has been giving us some trouble. There isn't really good functional space. The landlord and his wife are divorcing and she comes to the house or drives by several times a week. It's getting nasty.
A few days before we left for Bulgaria we got a nice little get out now letter in the mail. The ex wife had her lawyer send us a letter saying we had 3 days to get out. RUDE. Not to mention illegal especially since we have a contract allowing us 90 days from written notice. We sent her attorney back a letter with the law written in it not just a scare tactic. But we knew, we needed out.
So once home in our free time (did you just laugh so hard you spit out your water or was that jus me?) we went house hunting. We wanted to be done with landlords and wanted to buy only three was a problem. In America when you buy your stuff with cash not credit it is considered a bad thing. Only in America can debt be good and get you things, lol. Our credit score was not good because we didn't have credit, debt, etc. Without compromising our morals we did some things to help our score go up.
A week ago the landlord finally said "you got 90 days...or buy it." Tis was not the house or neighborhood we wanted to live in the rest of our lives we knew that much. So we hunted.
One day we headed out to a house. When we went in the smell over took us. There were feces and vomit all over the already nasty rugs. Furniture and trash were in every room. I can't even explain how disgusting. I ran from there, lit my flip flops on fire(not really, just a whole bottle of hand sanatsizer all over them)and needed to shower. We drove past another house and then we went to a third house that we just wanted to see outside because we didn't have an appointment.
It was a small yellow brick house in an old neighborhood. I hated it! Paul loved it! He wanted to contact the people to set up an appointment, but he saw I hated it. We went home and that was the end of it.
A few days past and I was on the phone with a friend. I started to tell her about our house hunting. I began to talk about the yellow brick house and God was stirring something in my heart. My wise friend told me basically I could of looked at a mansion after the feces pit and not liked it. I wasn't in the correct frame of mind after that. She was right. Plus there was a nudging in my Spirit. What if that house was our answer to prayer, or a blessing? Would my less than graceful attitude make my whole family miss out on a blessing?
I email my husband and told him to get us an appoint,eat for the little yellow house. He was so excited. And after I said that we had more great news we were pre qualified for a mortgage. Then before our appointment for the house we were pre approved for a mortgage for the exact amount of purchase price of that yellow house, which was for sale or rent. The amount we would need to put down as a down payment for the loan was the amount Paul was getting from a retirement thing his old job needed to close out.
What was God doing?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.