Monday, July 8, 2013

Gotcha day

Freedom reigns in this place, showers of mercy and grace. Falling on every face, there is freedom. (Jesus my Jesus) My Jesus reigns in this place, showers of mercy and grace. Falling on every face, there is freedom. (yeah-yeah) 


15 months and 9 days. That's how long it took to get our boys into our arms. Into their forever family's arms. 15 months and 9 days. 

The drive to Pleven was pleasant, carefree. Full of joyful anticipation and a bit of nervousness.

As we turned down the street the orphanage was on in the distance I saw a tiny boy in the street with a woman. MISHA! I knew it was him. We pulled up and he waves hi. Our driver couldn't get the car parked fast enough. I got out and he came right from his baby's arms to mine.  He squeezed snugly around my neck and wouldn't let go. He remembered me. 

Then coming up from the side was Judah and his baba. She was pushing I'm in a wheelchair. She stopped and told me to look. Judah got up with her help and took her hands and walked to me. 

Thank You Lord Jesus. 

Paul could not believe how small Misha was. As we tried to get our things and head inside for the last time Misha and Judah both wanted in the car. Lol Soon my sweet ones. We sat inside and Misha's baba wanted to hold him and I went to let her and he climbed up me further and clung tighter. She said he knew I was mama and didn't want her anymore. Everyone came by and told Misha goodbye. They wished him health and happiness. 

One man came up to me speaking very good English and talking about Judah. He assured me he was so smart. Smarter than most adults. His only problem he said was Judah didn't talk. 

The babas gave us gifts and we gave them some.  They brought toys and clothes out for the boys. On the bulletins board there were pictures. Misha and Judah were in some. Several were of Judah's birthday. He had a party. He was loved. They gave us the pictures. 

We went in to talk about the boys and their meds and any questions we had. Then it was time.

Judah holding my hand on one side and his baba's on the other walked out of the orphanage for the very last time. 

Misha carried by daddy with his baba close beside left the orphanage for the very last time. 

God is good.

The babas stayed close kissing and telling the boys about the airplane and going home. They watched as the boys were put in their car seats and ready to go. Then it was just too much for them they walked to the other side of the street and cried. I got out of the van and ran to them. I held them both and they held me. I thanked them over and over again and cried. They truly loved my children. 

Then we left. The orphanage is far in the distance now and the boys are quietly and calmly sitting in their seats taking it all in.  As I write this Judah is observing everything quietly taking it all in. And Misha, he is sleeping soundly next to his mama. Safe and loved.
 
We made it to the other side! (Ref to Matthew 

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.