Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Judah

Void test

Today was a very long day. 8 hours at the hospital. A long long day! But an informative one.

First up we had an appointment for a void test called BCUG. We got to the hospital around 8:30. Again I am really enjoying the valet parking for free. Nice touch guys! We got Judah registered and then went down to do the test. I took Misha with me because we are not leaving them with sitters and because we had an appointment with ortho for both kids an hour after the void test.

We got in there and the lady asks Judah to state his full name. I kinda chuckled.  He can't do that and doesn't really understand English. He's completely on verbal. So i would be answering all questions for him. Well then we got to how sucky the test was going to be and how I needed to be in there with him. She found someone willing to take Misha for the duration of the test. So I told her he has pan hypopit and showed her the meds and emergency meds Justin case he went into crisis. She went as white as a ghost. She didn't know what to do. I assured her he would be fine....probably, but just in case, here's the meds. They ask what to do if he freaked out and needed me. I said he probably would be fine.  Guess what...he was :) they showered him with toys and bubbles and he gibbered to them. They had no clue he was almost 6 yrs old. But anyways back to Judah.

The test did suck. They weren't lying. First they cathed him and he screamed. Then they filled him with fluid and took pics and he stimmed. Then they took out the cath to get him to pee so they could take an X-ray. He didn't pee. So they pushed and he peed a tiny bit, enough for the pic so that was good. Then they needed him empty. So they waited. Then they poured warm water over him, waited some more, then more water, then pushed, nothing. I told him in English and Bulgarian the best I could, "pee on table or get tubed." It didn't matter he wouldn't or couldn't go.

They cathed him to empty him but he fought. He fought and screamed and stimmed. Do you know what it is like watching a child in pain refusing to open his mouth to scream or cry? Just noises deep inside and tears running down his red face. And the head banging violently from side to side back and forth never stopping. I healed him best I could and prayed peace over him. I prayed God would speak to Him and tell him what was happening and that I wasn't trying to kill him. 

3 catheters and 2 more people trying later and he was still not going. We got him dressed and they said to walk around, get him relaxed and then maybe he will go. He didn't. We went back a hour later and still nothing. So they told us we could go. 

We had lunch at the hospital and Judah had half a bowl of soup and 30ml of pedilite by syringe. Not even a trickle. I called the doctor and she said if after the swallow study he hadn't gone we would be heading straight to the ER. Sigh.

Be blessed




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.