Monday, August 5, 2013

More on Misha

I'm too exhausted to think of any clever blog titles. The days seem to be getting shorter but with more packed into them. How can that be? Feels like there a only 12 hours in a day and Paul and I are working all of them. 

Friday Misha had a super early appointment with endocrinology. I never schedule appointments on Friday but I made an exception. I wanted to make sure I told her about what happened to him after the MRI. 

We were the first appointment so no waiting. Being at the hospital before 7:30am has its perks I guess. She had the MRI results. 

Misha has an anterior hypo plastic pituitary.  Basically, super duper small and doesn't work. The doctor also told me that in every head there should be a bright spot called an adh and there was no bright spot in Misha's head. That would mean that Misha would also have diabetes insipidus. That is a condition in which the kidneys are unable to conserve water. She would need to do blood work and possibly admit him to the hospital for a water depravation test to confirm. 

See, Misha has some of the symptoms but one he didn't have was the insatiable need for water. Well he kinda does because he wants water all day and drinks a lot but at night he goes to bed without a sippy. That was throwing her off. I told her that being in an orphanage ou ant allowed anything at night so that not drinking at night may be a result of just not being allowed. He wouldn't cry for it at night because he would o that would get him nowhere at the orphanage. So we just aren't sure. I am now writing down how many times he is drinking and peeing. Fun :)  The only good news if he has diabetes insipidus is that he has learned to regulate his body on his own. 

She was concerned about his strider. The noises breathing he was doing.  She suggested either going straight from her to the ER or the pediatrician. We opted for the ped. They did a breathing treatment and put him on another steroid. He is getting better each day since then. So grateful to have him with us.

Be blessed












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.