Wednesday, August 14, 2013

One month home

One month home

Already? Somedays it seems as though they have always been mine and here at home. Other days it seems like just yesterday we were pulling into the road leading to the orphanage and seeing Misha and his baba in the middle of the road, waiting for mama. 
So what's been happening? 

Lots of changes. Lots of doctors, labs, specialists, hospital visits. Lots of firsts.  

Misha seems to have the attitude of, "I've waited my entire life for a mama and I'm loving this!" He is speaking so much. Both English and Bulgarian. He jabbers all the time and is always happy. We have him finally on the correct dose of hydrocortisone that is his life line since he has a hypo plastic pituitary gland. He is also on a different growth hormone as well. The doctors are not convinced that he was getting the growth hormone regularly or the right way. 

I have been ask what prognosis I feel Misha has. Will he ever be able to live on is own or age appropriate. I have to say since bringing him home and seeing all these milestones I am firmly believing he will be able to do things on his own and will catch up. That being said I am in no hurry because I love having a baby in the house. Haha. 

Judah has been through the ringer. His medical needs are far worse than we knew. He has some kind of bruising disorder that the do tors a currently trying to figure out. He bruises at any little thing. He fell and got a huge bump on his head and that resulted in 2 black eyes. His knees are bruised everything is. I rushed him to the ped and they rushed him to the ER. They thought it could be a type of cancer or worse. 

I also noticed that with each doctors visit and procedure Judah slips further and further away and into his own world. He has become almost catatonic. I went back to the ped to tell him what I thought and he agreed. He said no more medical for awhile.  He wanted to run blood tests and get him on an antidepressant and after that we were to cancel all appointments until the meds have been in him awhile. 

He is opening his mouth more when he eats. Otherwise clenches shut. And he is taking more unassisted steps. He's protesting about it of course but doing it none the less. 

So as a remind per to myself I will write about what they could do when we picked them up and now. 

Misha
One month ago

Had maybe one to two words
Quiet no babbling
Couldn't drink from a straw
No chewing
Held food in mouth all day
Ate very small amounts of food
Didn't eat anything other than baby food fed to him
Rocked any time he was put down

One month home
Eats crackers, bread, waffles and other things by mouth by himself
Very good apatite. 
Still no chewing
Doesn't hold food in mouth about 90% of time
Has 18 words and will say phrases
Doesn't rock.
Drinks from a straw
Talks all the to me
Dances

Loves life! Joy unspeakable! 


Judah
Didn't open mouth even for food.
Couldn't stand without holding on to something 
Couldn't walk unassisted
No drinking
Grinds teeth 
Eating only baby food stage 1

One month home
No more grinding teeth
Drinks from honeybear straw cup
Eats anything we eat only blended or chunky
Walks unassisted for several steps
Stands unassisted
Opens mouth for food and when ask (sometimes after awhile of asking)

Judah has a long way to go. We're hoping the medical break and the meds will help bring him back. He has filled out more as has Misha. 
Judah is 46lbs now and up from a size 3t to a size 5 :) (he was 42lbs one month ago)
Misha is gaining as well. He is up to 24lbs (was 22lbs) and still in a size 9-12 month clothes but the belly is bigger :) 

The kids adore them as do Paul and I.

Please continue to pray for our boys. Thank you.
Be blessed










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.