Texas is not known for its bitter cold icy winters, thank you Jesus. But this week oh my! Thursday we had a storm come in and we got ice, lots and lots of ice. This isn't snow mind you, oh no, it's ice. Ice in a state that isn't even prepared for snow. I thought it would be gone the next day. That so usually how the weather here works. I mean, after all, it was 84 the day before the storm hit. Friday things were getting canceled.
Saturday we had planned to go to the special needs viewing of Frozen. When we woke up everything was frozen. The irony was not lost on me. We called the theater to see if it was canceled and it was not. So we went. How bad could it be it was only 12 miles away. A short 20 mins down the highway. We slid walking to the car, had to dump 15 buckets of hot water on the van just to get the doors opened and the windshield thawed, we slid as we backed out of the driveway. Over an hour later we finally made it to the movie and skated into the parking space and theater. We saw so many accidents and the roads were awful. We should not have gone. But we were safe and warm in the theater. Frozen was a fantastic movie!! The kids loved it, so did Paul and I.
The way home took over an hour too. Tractor trailers were stuck in the ice, cars were wrecked. Paul's office party, church and our Down syndrome party were canceled too. We made it home and that's where we stayed.
We had fun. The kids skated on the front lawn, we made a fire in the fireplace. We baked cookies and made gingerbread men. We played games and just hung out. It was fantastic! I loved being iced in. With everything canceled I didn't feel the pressure that I had to get somewhere ya know. Looks like things are closed Monday too. I'm still enjoying this. I just pray that it ends before our food runs out.
Be blessed





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.