In Bulgaria they like to bundle their babies and children up...a lot. While we were there in July we had the boys in shorts one day. It was really warm out and nice. While we we out it started to rain. An older man looks over at us and points to Misha and says "cold baby!"
They also believe if you eat cold things you will get sick. Not sure if that is just if kids do or all people. We fed them ice cream too while there, shhh don't tell.
When Misha came home he was pretty terrified of all things but water in particular. We had slowly gotten him to like his bath, but rain, well that was a completely different story. He hated it. It scared him.
I remember when we showed him the first rain we had after he had come home. All my kids love rain. I love rain. I love the smell, jumping in puddles, dancing in it, you name it.my gram use to wash my hair in rain water when I was little. So it was only natural to try to help Misha see the benefits to this stuff loudly falling from the sky. It was a no go! Then it rained yesterday. 8 months after coming home.
It had rained and there was a double rainbow. The girls and I had gone outside to look. Misha was standing by the door saying he wanted out. So we picked him up and brought him out. While Paul was holding him he said he wanted down. I thought maybe since it was a bit chilly maybe he wanted back in. Paul put him down and he walked down off the porch and straight into a puddle. He loved it. Over and over again he played and jumped. It was sprinkling a bit but he didn't care.
I told Misha we should go in and he could play in a warm bath. He walked in the house and straight to the back door saying "I want out. I want out." Paul and I laughed at how determined he was and how different this was from the boy in the past. So Paul let him out. He marched right out into the puddles. He even got in the mud. He wasn't too sure but then pressed on. He played and played and when Paul ask him to come in he said "NO!"
We told him he could take a bath and so he came in. As he was walking in Paul said what I had thought,"cold baby." Lol
In our next post placement report I am going to send the photos I took of one little boy outside in a diaper and T-shirt playing in rain puddles. Misha has tasted freedom and it is good. No going back.
He has come so far in the little time he has been home. This child is going to do great things.
Be blessed




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.