But here we are almost a year later and instead of falling off new nails have grown in yellow thick and on top of the old nails. I told the doctor I wanted him to be seen. She agreed. So today was that day. The podiatrist said that what happen was Judah had a big trauma to his toenail during the growing process. The main part, the nucleus or matrix of the toenail was damaged so severely that the nail will always grow in thick and won't be normal. Most likely this is causing pain. The doctor said wearing the tights and too small for him shoes probably contributed or caused this. It certainly did not help. He then told me what we need to do. He said he would have to numb the toe, take off the nail and then chemically burn the main part of the nail where it grows. That was hard to hear. Sounded like it would be painful. Poor kid seriously can't catch a break.
Next he looked at the brown mark on the bottom of Judah's foot. He has had it since we sprung him. It was small, brown and weird looking. Ped said, could be a birthmark. Again, more pressing issues when we first brought him here. Well, the podiatrist looked at it and said he was concerned and ask us to call the ped and get a referral for the dermatologist. When I looked at it I noticed it has changed shape, but Judah has grown so maybe that is just the reason.
So we have that procedure scheduled. Next it was time for nephrology after a pit stop to get labs for Misha.
Judah has had consistently high blood pressure. I have mentioned it to every nurse at every visit to every doctors. They said he is just nervous at the doctors. Yet, we were told early on that Judah's kidneys were functioning at 60/40 and one was hypo plastic. There was nothin to do but wait for kidney failure. Then doctors could intervene. Well a sign of kidney issues is high BP. The nephrologist today said that high blood pressure causes kidney damage and kidney damage causes high blood pressure so it is a vicious cycle. He needed a urine, labs and an ultrasound. The doctor put him on a blood pressure pill too.
First things first, pee in a cup. Oh my gosh 1- boys are super easy to get a urine from. I did not get peed on like I have been with my girls. 2- he thought it was the funniest thing and just laughed and laughed. I however did not find it as amusing.
Next we went to get blood drawn. My boys never cry. This is not a good thing. If you have adopted you understand. He did do well though. After it was over the lady gave him a sucker. Well you would have thought it was I don't know what, poop, maybe. He was throughly disgusted.
So it was a very long day with lots to digest. Today's visits made for more visits too so that's a bummer but day by day appointment by appointment this kid is getting better!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.