God is moving. We are here listening and ready to go. We say Yes Lord. What is so fun about God is the unexpected things that happens. You go left and you head down that road for a long time and get comfortable, you are almost to the end of the road and then God says "turn right, turn right..now!"
So you can ignore that voice and keep on keeping on or you can follow God. If you keep going you may reach the end of the road but you may have missed a huge blessing. You can turn right and then people all around you think you are crazy. That you arent serious about finishing you just want a short cut. Turning right could make you a leper. That road may be full of pot holes and bumps that the other road didnt have. It may be a road twice as long as the first road you were on. Is it worth it?
Following God is always worth it. Not always easy or pain-free but totally worth it.
So we choose to say Yes and follow God. We are making the right turn up ahead. We choose to love with abandon even if that means getting hurt. Because that is how God loves us recklessly and with abandon. When I am saying things I shouldnt, when I am being rude, when I stray away from Him, when I am mean, when I disappoint Him, God still loves me. Thats how I want to love.
Be blessed
You took the words out of my head, and placed them perfectly here on your blog. Bless you, Ashlee! I am experiencing this very thing these past 2 years! More than ever before!
ReplyDelete~Kim