In the last 24 hours I have slept one hour. satan has been hitting us extra hard this week. It has been hell week for sure. Yesterday was the worst. I was dealing with my stupid flesh! Gosh I wish I were a better person. I was dealing with some news I didnt know what to do with, donations not coming in, jealousy, fighting among my kids, a filthy house and lazy attitude. It was bad. In fact I spent most of the day yesterday in bed crying.
I threw myself a pretty good pity party. Not my finest hour. Then last night a friend called. She encouraged me the way I needed. Paul was my rock. Unwavering in the news. Not worried about the money. God will provide exactly what we need when we need it he said. Oh I wish I could be more like him. I am weak. Then we had an email sent an amazing and beautiful person who is also adopting right now bought the kindle fire we needed for our fundraiser.
I spent the rest of the night and all morning praying. Asking God for forgiveness. Asking that our IRS check come by Friday. Praying for the orphans and my friends and the other adoptions to be fully funded. As Paul left for work I fell asleep. I woke up not even an hour later and found out we received a 220.00 donation from a very wonderful family. Then after that another large donation. Before 10am we had 1425.00 We did it! God did it!
I sit here amazed that God did it again. Why does it amaze me when God comes through? He told me He would never leave or forsake me. Why do I sometimes have trouble believing that? My flesh is weak. All I can say is I am sorry and I will do better. I am just in awe of this. The day before the homestudy we have the money we needed for the homestudy.
I know he will bring the money. I know it will be paid. I know it will not be easy and God is teaching me things. Yesterday I read this and it really spoke to me:
The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged (Deuteronomy 31:8).
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you (Deuteronomy 31:6).
God is with us. He is with our son. He's got this so I don't need to borrow worry.
"Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy!
I look to you for protection.
I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings
until the danger passes by.
I cry out to God Most High,
to God who will fulfill his purpose for me.
HE WILL SEND HELP FROM HEAVEN TO RESCUE ME,
DISGRACING THOSE WHO HOUND ME!
My God will send forth his unfailing love and faithfulness." Psalm 57:1-3
Be blessed
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.