Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Adoption Stuff


Where your treasure is there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21

I talk a lot about adoption. Paul and I both do. We support adopt, we pray for adoption, we advocate for the orphans. Paul told me the other day that all my stories begin with adoption. Haha. What can I say, my heart is for adoption.

Today we sent off USCIS. I can't tell you how awesome it is to have that done and be on the next step. Even if that next step includes our 3rd very expensive set of fingerprints in the last 3 months. Haha.  We are that much closer to bringing our boys home.

After going to get the money order my favorite song came on 10,000 reasons by Matt Redman. Bless the Lord oh my soul, oh my soul and worship His holy name. Sing like never before oh my soul we worship Your holy name. I was crying to God because sometimes the Spirit moves me that way :) I blame adoption hormones. But seriously I was crying out to God in that song. Bless the Lord oh my soul.
                                    The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
                                           It's time to sing Your song again
                                   Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
                                        Let me be singing when the evening comes

That song moves me every time I hear it. No matter what comes even with my dying breath I want to be singing His praises. I guess thats how I feel about adoption. I will advocate for the least of these with every breath I have in me. I have a hunger inside me to see these children find their families. To see the widow find joy in someone spending time with her, to see the fatherless find a father. It was told to me that maybe adoption for me was some internal thing for me to do to get glory...or a calling. Haha. I would hope that people that truly know me would know I do not do this for fame and glory. God opened my eyes and broke my heart for what breaks His just like I ask Him to do.

In other adoption news we feel so honored to have people praying for us. We just started going to a new church on Saturdays and our old church on Sundays. We have been there two times and the people are amazing. They have a great adoption support group too. They have this website for prayer and you can go to it and pray for someone who needs it. http://harvestpray60.com/http://harvestpray60.com/  so I put our prayer up there and people have been praying for us. It feels so good to be supported. I encourage you to use the site too. If you have a need they will pray. The other night when I was up until 5am I went on that site and prayed and prayed for a lot of those people.

Anyways this blog is all over the place and Im sorry about that. I had to start and stop it like 100 times! Please if you remember pray that we get Micah's file this week.

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.