Thursday, August 2, 2012

My love

I walked up to the front door and she told us to have a seat. I turned and looked in the livingroom to see this tiny little guy watching TV. He turned to look at us and then back at the tv. At first I didnt think it was him. He was little, skinny and really didnt look like he had DS. I mean he did but didnt. She came in and we all sat down. I pulled him up to me and he smiled.

I said "Hello my love," and he looked at me like "who, me?" I ask her what we should have him call us and she said she told him his mama and daddy were coming so if we were ok wit it then he could call us mom and dad. I showed him the books and things we brought for him. I held him in my lap, then gave him to Paul. He is so beautiful! So amazing!

We played for a little bit then the case worker came in. He and the foster mom talked while we visited. It all felt awkward, he is my son but I am in a stranger's home with people watching me meet my child for the first time. I overheard the case worker say the psych eval wasnt done and I remember that it had to be in order to take him home with us for good. I put it out of my mind and we played.

Paul went outside to get our photo book we had for him and as he was walking back I asked Micah, "Who is that?" and he said "Daddy" Be still my heart!

I spent most of my time talking with the foster mom and Paul got to play. Micah did love being with us. He is just  such a beautiful child. He did want my camera and fought me for it too, he is very strong. At one point Paul and him were laying on the floor reading together. It was so sweet. Then out of the blue he gets up gets his bag and the things we brought him says "C'mon Daddy" and Paul takes his hand and they walk out to the door, Micah hands me my shoes says "Mon Mom!" and then tells his foster mom bye.

I was shocked. He wanted to be with us. He was ready to go start his life. When it was actually time to leave he clung to me and Paul and hung on for dear life. "Mom, Dad, lets go" "Bye (to foster mom) Bye, Bye!" We had to tell him he had to stay and we would pick him up tomorrow. Then he kissed me on the lips and Paul too.  Walking out that door was the hardest thing I had to do. Now for some pics :) Be blessed








3 comments:

  1. Loving watching this story unfold! Prayers for the transition. I remember all of the transitions for my kids (all 6) and they're priceless memories. Hard. But priceless. ((Hugs)) to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, reminds me so much of my visits with Axel in his foster home. The difference being they were speaking Serbian and he couldn't understand anything I said. And then on day 3 I walked out the door with this little boy who I didn't know and he didn't know me. Praying for your transition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Wishing you guys all the best and hoping you get that sweet boy of yours home soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.