Monday, August 20, 2012

Would you be willing?

Micah doesnt sleep much. What he does is get into everything. Today when I got him out of bed he was not in his bed no he was in Noahs crib. This was before 7am. I have no idea how long he was up. At nap time he took apart all of the little furniture in his and Noahs room. The toy box was broken, the chairs and table all broken apart. None of is our sleeping. The other night we had to bring Noah down to sleep in a pack and play in our room because Micah got into Noahs bed and bit him.

At lot of the issues Micah has are learned behaviors from spending 5 years in foster care. They would be a lot easier to take if we were sleeping. Having 6 tired kids and 2 tired parents does not make for very much fun.

We are still awaiting referrals for our doctors we hope to see for Micah so we have no idea what is going on with him health wise. They told us he had a dairy intolerance and allergy yet I accidentally gave him dairy and it made no difference. We thought maybe it was gluten but now we arent sure. We wont have the blood tests back for a few days. Micah has a bowel movement in every diaper we change whether it is just a little bit or a lot it is always there. He gets 6 to 10 changes a day.

When he came to live with us he came with 2 outfits that were 3 sizes too big and 2 diapers. Paul took a week off without pay to go to Houston because they told us we had to go out there to read the file and have our visits and take him home ( lies! we didnt get to take him home) So I am going to do something I hate, something I have never felt comfortable with. I am going to ask for help.

In my head I can hear it now. "If you couldnt afford to adopt him why did you then?" "He is your responsibility you ask for this!" Yes I know. And normally we could afford to care for him. Circumstances beyond our control have brought us to this place where we need to ask the body of God to help us out. My love language is gift giving and I have always had a problem receiving. I like to be the one giving. Right now though we need your help.

I have begged God to help, to put it on others hearts to help us. But I think He is asking me to ask. Ask for help. I dont want to, but I will.

One thing we need is a bed tent. I have friends who have children with ds and other special needs and they feel like this is the best way to go. It is 159.99 plus 19.99 for shipping. here is the link:
http://shop.myreadysetbloom.com/main.sc

We called the DME and got diapers sent to the house. Unfortunately they were too small. It was my fault. I told them he was in a size 3 and didnt realize different diapers had different sizes. In target brand he is in a size 3. In the dme diapers he is not. They were way too small. They also sent 3 packs of wipes 50 count each. Pooping as much as he does 3 packs will not be enough for the month. Right now with 3 in diapers we are going through diapers like crazy, wipes too. The DME has not told us when they will pick up the small diapers and bring the larger size.

He also came with 2 outfits several sizes too big. He has to start school in a week and he needs clothes.    We were blessed this morning by a friend who brought Micah several new outfits and we are so very very grateful. He wears a size 3t or possibly 4t in shirts but 3 in pants. He came with one pair of shoes which work for now. His show size is 9.

We are trying so hard to just get our heads above water. satan has hit us more and more since bringing Micah home. Our dishwasher isnt working, sink backed up, garbage disposal stopped working, washer stopped worker, car was giving us problems, then tonight the washer decided to flood our laundry room. Between cooking, cleaning and changing diapers things just have been very overwhelming.

If God lays it on your heart to help us we would be so grateful. If He calls you just to pray we would appreciate those as well. God is good and He will provide. We know this is His will and maybe that is why we are being hit so hard everyday over and over again. We are all tired. We are hoping if we can secure Micah at nap and bed then maybe we all could sleep and then wake up renewed.

Here is a link if you feel led to give financially.
https://www.wepay.com/donations/micah-s-needs

The money would be used for Micah hopefully to buy a bed tent he needs and maybe a video baby monitor or weighted blankets. What ever his needs are these first few weeks. Also we have a PO box if you wanted to send something through the mail.

Micah B.
PO box 48231
Watauga TX 76148

What we need right now is encouragement. Please do not spew hateful words or comments to us. Hurtful comments will be deleted.

Thank you so much for your support.

Be blessed

7 comments:

  1. there is nothing wrong with asking for help..doesnt god tell us to love one another??ill speak with hubby and well talk about sending a gift card for walmart..xooxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right to ask for help. It is a gift to others, to have the opportunity to help. I am praying you will all be able to sleep, or that God give the strength to function with the lack of it.
    My daughter was diagnosed lactose intolerant at 5 (it started at 2 1/2). One time of milk wouldn't neccesarily show symptoms, it's an accumulation that results in bloating and diarrhea. Each person has their own breakpoint for when that accumulation triggers symptoms. Of course, the doctor will be able to tell you whether this is even a good diagnosis for him.
    God will bless you for accepting on this child of His into your hearts and home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read the previous post, a note: probiotics can have lactose, check the label.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you consider cloth wipes? I would be glad to make some and send them your way. We have a fantastic recipe for a spray solution that is inexpensive and smells wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Thank you for the support. Laura, we use a dairy free or lactose free probiotic. I had no idea until the lady at the natural store told me. Haha. Abbyeb: I would use them I just dont know how to make them or anything. I am not picky at all. Cloth wipes I bet save a ton of money! Probably better on the skin too.

    Thank you all for being supportive. I was really afraid to write this post. May God bless you!
    Be blessed
    Ashlee

    ReplyDelete
  6. We recycle old baby blankets and tshirts......just serge the sides and there you go! They have saved us a lot of money.....I take my wipes solution and wipes everywhere, from bottoms to noses to spills in the car. ;) I'll make you some this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes the greatest gift you can give someone is the opportunity to do something for you. Be a gracious receiver. Ecclesiastes 3.1 combined with Matthew 5.3 and Matthew 25.31-46 encouraged me during my times of need and have been a call to action during my times of answering the needs of others. As we journey through life, we end up finding ourselves in every role at different times. So, be gracious when it is time to receive and generous when it is time to give. For NONE of it is ours anyway, for it ALL comes from God!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.