Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What a difference a day can make

Wow! I cant even begin to tell you what a difference a day makes.

Last night I opened up about my struggles and ask for help. I felt like God was telling me, just ask just ask.

Matthew 7:7-9

New International Version (NIV)

Ask, Seek, Knock

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

I was afraid that I would be met with a lot of nasty remarks and condemnation. Instead I was met with love and support. I am so grateful and thankful. See I think that satan wanted to keep me feeling upset and worn out. If I kept quiet I felt heavy, unworthy, unloved, alone. I was feeling like the worlds worst mom.  But in truth there is light. 

Friends, most I have never even met IRL, came to my rescue. We had several packages of diapers and wipes left on our doorstep. THANK YOU!!! An amazing friend who has cooked us dinner, bought Micah school clothes, made me tasty treats, gave me medicine, brought us diapers also decided to buy Micah the bed tent he so desperately needs. Our biggest worry, our biggest problem, solved. I can't thank this family enough.

Then the DS community rallied together for us and offered to bring us clothes and diapers. They offered medical advice, gave us names of doctors, offered suggestions for behaviors and potty training. They have been our lifeline.

Adoptive parents around the world contacted me reassuring me that my feelings were normal. They lifted me up with their kind words and suggestions. They made me feel like I wasnt alone. They gave me hope.

I got to see God meet every need that I had through His people. When I prayed and cried out to God "please talk to me! I wish You were here to talk to me, to help me, I need YOU!" He showed up. He showed up in every loving comment, in every act of kindness, in every way He showed up through His people. 

Words simply cant express my gratitude and gratefulness. I will never be able to repay all the kindness shown to us. What I will do and have done is pray that every person that showed up and blessed us is blessed 10x over for what they have done. I have prayed God would bless you all abundantly for what you have done for us. Thank you doesnt seem strong enough, but its all I have.

Thank you. Each and every one of you who came to my rescue. Thank you. I can imagine that God is beaming with pride for His people because you showed me that there are still people out there willing to be His hands and feet.

One more thing. Each and every time I felt like I just couldnt go on or something was happening making me feel horrible my phone made a notification noise. I had an email. Someone had prayed for me every time I felt like I couldnt go on. Every time I felt alone, every time I ask God to show Himself, every time I needed uplifted. 

I encourage you if you need pray these people will do it! http://harvestpray60.com/ write your need there and let the prayers come in and encourage.



"You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."
— John Bunyon


Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.