Sunday, November 4, 2012

In their eyes

Yesterday I met wonderful young people waiting for their forever families. I had the privileged of taking their pictures and listening to what they wanted to tell me. Through there eyes I saw their story.                  
                                                     Eyes full of hope

Eyes that have been hurt

Eyes that say I had to grow up at a young age


Eyes that say I have done this before and the outcome didnt change why would it now?

Eyes that say I pretend I'm a diva but really I just want to be loved
Eyes that know hurt, real hurt, devastating hurt
Eyes that have been told everything will be ok soon and they are young enough to believe it
Eyes that have carried the burden of their family's situation and think they can make this all better for everyone.
Eyes that dont believe they are beautiful or worthy of love.
Eyes that want to love but are afraid that it will hurt again
Eyes never given the opportunity that we all take for granted like learning to write

What I pray is that these eyes saw me and knew that I saw them. Knew that I cared. Knew that they were real, raw, hurting and ready to be home. Eyes that prayed for Heaven because this life is too hard to live. Those were the eyes I saw yesterday. 

All these children are legally free for adoption and the costs are minimal if any. Some are sibling groups others are all alone. Waiting. They know they arent home yet. A foster family though it may be wonderful and awesome is not the same as a forever family. One girl who sang last night at our dinner told me she really hoped she could be adopted before she aged out. She was 17. She lives in a foster home and told me her foster parents are nice but they do not want to adopt so she was hoping her and her sisters would find their family. 

Orphan care isnt a nice gesture that we should be applauded for it is a command in the Bible. You are not a follower of Christ if you are not in some way caring for the least of these. If you need ways to help just ask. If you have an empty chair fill it. If God has ask you to adopt do it. You may think that you will be blessing that person but what happens is that person ends up blessing you.

For more information on the children above please contact Gladney at 817-922-6000
Ask for the New Beginnings Program. 

And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew 18:5


Be blessed















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.