The last week I have gone to bed at 5am and up by no later than 8 almost every night. I don't know why. That coupled with some sugar eating that I really shouldn't have, daily headaches , allergies and the daily stresses of life with 6 kids and I am not a happy camper. So today was really not a day to mess with me ya know. :)
It started off good enough. Different appointments and things that needed to be done. The constant headache made it seem like I had way more to do than I really did. The sun didn't help either shining s bright in my face, but every time I thought that I thanked God for the sun. I would hate it if it were dark and dreary all day long.
Right as I was leaving one appointment and heading to the next the phone rang. Paul said the school called and ask if I got the message. My heart kind if stopped for a second. I mean after last week and all that happened at Sandy Hook school and then all weekend and all this week different stories of gunman and schools I was nervous. I hadn't got a message. He said the nurse called and said to come pick up Micah he was sick, stomach flu. Well then my thoughts went to the children with DS that were thought to have the stomach flu and then got really bad. One died. Paul talked with the nurse and ask about what he had to eat. She said it wasn't that. She knew it was the stomach flu because if ow bad he smelled. I was a good bit away as was Paul. He was not convinced it was an actual sickness. The nurse said that he had 6 bm in 30 mins. Yup. That's his MO when he has too much dairy or sugar, especially sugar. Paul ask if he could go home on the bus she said she would ask.
Paul then suggested I run to the school and pick him up then he would leave work and meet us at home. I could drop Micah off and then head out to the next appointment. So I went over the school. I wasn't happy because this was exactly like last year at school. In his records they would feed him and then he would have this and wasn't sick and they would call and try to get foster mom to pick him up. She rarely did. Not the same school but same situation. He does not have the stomach flu.
While I am at the school talking to his teacher and picking him up the school nurse calls my husband again. This time he didn't get the phone because he was driving home from work. She left a voice mail saying that if we didn't come pick him up and this other person on his emergency contact list didn't pick him up she was turning us in to CPS. Yup! Are you freakin kidding me? My child has never been sick in school with us, he has never needed us when we weren't there. There has not been one school meeting we have missed, or a call from a teacher we didn't take. So how then do you make the leap from pick him up to OR ELSE I WILL CALL CPS!!?
Well the tired, cranky, overworked underpaid mama bear thought it best to tell my husband to handle this as I was in no mood to talk to anyone. I felt it was very rude for a woman who doesn't know me or my child and who has never talked to me or dealt with my child before to threaten me. Plus, I had already picked him up when she left that nasty message! Grrr. My caseworker called as she is his emergency contact. She said the school called her and ask her to come pick up Micah. She was really confused and wanted to talk to me. So when I dropped Micah off at home I called her. She said it was very inappropriate for a nurse to threaten to call CPS and there was no evidence of any abuse either. I told her Paul called the principal and he said he would call him back. She wanted to know what he would say.
Oh how I long not to send my child back to that school!
The principal called and didn't care. He didn't seem to want to talk to Paul very long and the only thing he said was "thank you. I will talk to her." Ugh!
Why when people are upset with others or when spoiled children don't get their way or when a doctor thinks you can't possibly know more about your own child than they do they threaten you with CPS? Maybe that is why the system is so overrun. Maybe too many people are seeking revenge and the children that really need help either don't get it or have to wait and wait and wait.
Micah has been fine all night. It isn't the stomach flu. He had juice at school and although it was a little bit it was still pure sugar. He probably would have been fine but then he had canned peaches in syrup and that probably sent him over his maximum allowed sugar intake for the day. Then it caused the reaction he normally has. The smell they talked about was the smell of him that he had in foster care while he was pooping 10x or more each day. I know that smell well, gag! So he is fine. We are fine. I'm just a little annoyed and hurt someone would threaten my family. Oh well...
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
Be blessed
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.