Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas from our growing family to yours. I feel so blessed. I serve an amazing God who never fails, never lets me down and always shows up. I have a beautiful family. My quiver is certainly full! We have received more donations toward our adoption. 600.00 in the last couple days!! Thank you whoever you are!!! After Christmas I will be traveling to meet our 2 new sons. My oh my the thought just overwhelms my soul. I can not believe God chose us for this hard tiring fantastic life.

This will be Micah's first Christmas home. So far we have had 2 days of present opening thanks to the blessings from family and friends He doesnt really seem to understand the whle idea but is thrilled none the less. I can not wait until tomorrow.  This year we were even blessed by a local place who gave us giftcards, 21 boxes of cereal, turkey, pie and 3 bags of groceries. Oh as well as clothes for all the kids. God is so good! We were able to get the kids a trampoline with the gift cards that were given to us. Not only does God supply every need, but also the little things we dont ask for because they arent a need but a want. He saw the desire of my kids hearts and gave it to them. What a Papa!

Tonight was our Christmas Eve service at church and it was amazing. I love hearing the same scripture and getting something so different from it.
Matthew 2:1-12

The gift has 2 values. It assigns a value to you but also speaks of the sacrifice the gift giver gave.  The gift speaks not only about the person giving but also yourself.

Gold- it was meant for the kings and royalty. It spoke that there was royalty in their midst.
The 3 kings represent mankind.  It represents the man giving his best and worldly possessions. If  God don't have your money he don't have your heart.  We are being deceptive if we don't give Him the best of the best. The best of what we have. Of our gifts and power.

Frankincense: very rare and expensive. When they gave it to him they said He was worthy to be worshiped.  It says about the wise men that they believe He is worthy. He is worthy of our adoration, our praise.
Luke 4:8  psalm 5:1-3
If its a substitute it isn't coming from God.  We look to different things first then at the last we go to Jesus.
Go to God first.

Myrrh: normal use of myrrh was used for special occasions to anoint the cloth of the dead. It spoke to us that from the moment He was born He was destined to die.   It said of the wise men that they knew and believed He came to die.
Luke 14:26-30
God says, I want your stuff, I want your worship and I want your life. We don't count the cost and when we get halfway building we stop because its too hard. God wants it all and says if you are going to come after me you have to count the cost.
The wise men came to sacrifice and lay down their life.
Luke 14:32-33


Our hearts and lives are full and we can not wait to share this with our two new sons. I will post travel dates as soon as we get them!!!! So super excited! Please continue to pray for us. We feel them. Pray for our boys, for their health and safety as well as their hearts.

Have a beautiful Christmas.

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.