Friday, January 18, 2013

First flight

Was fine until the plane pulled up to the gate and I realized soon I would be actually leaving my home. Being a 30 minute drive away from family is fine, being 4 planes away separated by an ocean too, not so fine. Then they announce that the plane is full. FU L L. I was one of the very last ones land they said we would definitely be checking luggage. Not just to my first stop, Detroit, no the whole way to Sofia. I called Paul panicked. I could not check these bags. The whole purpose for these bags was so if my luggage got lost I would have everything I needed to get me by for a day or two. I told him to pray. I prayed, actually it was more like i pleaded, "God please please please don't make me check my bag. Please let me keep it." Tear swelled up in my eyes. I was boarding a super crowded plane. I was leaving my children and husband. I was traveling to another country. I was alone. And now I would have to lose my bag too?

They finally called my zone. Person after person in front of me was getting handed baggage tickets. My turn. I held my breath.... He took the ticket, but that was it! He took the ticket and said thanks. What does this m ean? I walked down the walkway and waited to get on the plane. Lord I need You. I got on the plane. Looking around I realized that full was not the word I would use to describe it. It was like a sardene can that had fish parts hanging out the sides too. Oh boy! I find my seat. It was in between 2 men. I looked up to see where I could put my camera bag every thing looked full but right above where my seat was there was a tiny hole the perfect size for my camera bag. Thank you Lord.

I sat down and frantically tried to get my other bag under my seat and it wouldn't fit. Then I looked at the man's bag beside me and it was under the seat in front. Oh. Ok. S I pushed it under and it fit. Thank you Lord!

We took off with no problems and I chatted with the man next to me about the housing market. FYI the next 6-8 months are the time to buy. As we were getting higher and higher into the air I realized I forgot gum. Uh oh. Well I don't chew gum so I didn't even think. My ears and stomach hurt. I am lightheaded and have a headache starting. If I could reach my bag I would pull out some pills.

Only 2.5 hours left til I get to the next stop, Detroit. 3 hours there and then off to Paris. Sounds glamorous yet all I will be doing is getting off a plane only to rush to a gate to try and make the next plane. Maybe someday I will see Paris but until then I am saying I went to Paris, technically I will have :) technicalities count yo!

Miss my family. Got to Skype at the airport. Going to board soon to Paris....




Be blessed





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.