Saturday, January 19, 2013

Paris to Sofia

Well. Where to even begin. I'm very emotional right now. It's been a rough start the morning and what I want to do is down on the floor and cry. But I don't have time!
I got off the plane and had about 40 mins to text to my gate, get a boarding pass and board. Flight was on time. I got off at 2e well in all the airports in the USA I have been to the numbers have been close by so I am figuring I walk down the hall a little bit. Nope! I get off the plane to nothing walk until I see something then find someone to help. I need to go downstairs they say. Ok great. Now bad. I go down another huge hallway and down the stairs to nothing. I keep walking until I find something and ask. I found a security check. Off with your shoes. Take all the crap outta your bags wait in a long line and go through the machine. you know i just got off of a plane right? sigh. ok lets do this! Then they say I need to get on a bus. A bus? Really? Ok start walking to the bus.
Bus comes about 15 to 20 mins later. I now have about 10 mins to get there. I look at the bus route and guess which stop is last, that's right this chick right here! So at this point my prayers that I have been praying since I left basically got very frantic. And in true ADD I mean Ashlee fashion during my "please God stall the plane! Get me there! Help!" I start going off on other things like "why is the sky blue Lord? Who ever thought hey lets get a huge metal tube to get us from point A to point B and have it take us there up in the air?! Will I see Paris in Heaven?" Then I starting about 15 songs and it was like my mind was an iPod and I kept clicking to next song after the first 5 seconds of the previous song played. The stop right before my stop the bus driver decides to pick up people and take a few minute break. Sure why not. So a bus with 10 seats now has about 55 people in it. And now I have 5 mins.
So again during my praying my mind wanders. I envision myself screaming at the too of lungs right there on that bus. But I decide that would cause further delay that I didn't have. God reminded me that He loved me and I almost started no cry. Nope not gonna do it on a bus with people that don't speak the same language as me.
Finally it is my stop I run off and into the building to nothing. No one working there nothing. I see a set of steps and decide I will go up. Once up more nothing then a ton of shops. Almost every single one was perfume. Oh gag! It smelled like the store at the mall where when you all in they spray you every 5 feet with a different perfume. No wonder French people are skinny there are more perfume shops than food places, not that I had time to eat, drink or pee. So I find a woman walking and she has a tag on so I ask if she works there. She then shows me where I need to be finally I'm there. It is 12:31. And what do my eyes see? Another security check. You have got to be kidding me right? I still don't have a boarding pass and my flight still says on time. Still praying.
Problem. I can't get through the security line without a boarding pass, but they said I have to get the boarding pass at the gate. I panic. I walk up and ask the one security man. He takes my passport and walks off. Sometime later he is back. Then he leaves again and I want to sit down and cry. I can't go through security it time for my plane to take off. No one speaks my language so I cant understand what is happening. I'm alone and it is really scared not knowing what people are saying around you. Finally he comes back says Sofia and I go through security. I hand my pass to the ticket guy at the gate and he says something I can't understand. Then he tries again in English. Something about my bag. He ask if I checked any. I said yes in Texas. Then he and another man were saying things back and forth and every once in a while I heard Texas. He ask for my receipt and I totally blanked on where that was then remembered. Then I ask if they boarded he said no its on time. Well now it is about 12:40. Obviously not on time.
So I go sit down on the floor and tried to get online. I have no idea what I pressed because it was all in French but I got Internet for 15 mins for free. Then I started to cry a bit. I stopped bucked up and got to message Paul since my phone wouldn't work I messages him on my iPad. He answered back. So then I tried Skype. It was only about 4 am in Texas so I was surprised he woke up with my text. The Skype worked and I when I saw his face everything was better.
Someone knew me. Someone spoke my language and could understand me. I didn't care that I didn't have earplugs and everyone could hear us. I didn't care that I may have looked stupid talking into an iPad. All my anxiety melted away. I showed him Paris which was covered in snow. We chatted and all was well with my world. Then all of a sudden everyone got up. No announcement or anything so I got up too. The flight that had switched to delayed a few minutes before now said boarding. I was still talking to him as I boarded but then I lost him.
I won't complain that my plane was delayed. It was an answer to my prayers. And in the time it was delayed God gave me a connection I so desperately needed. I am so thankful for a Papa who loves me and makes me feel like I am His only child.
Now I am sitting here in the air somewhere between Paris and Sofia in a very small plane that is very crowded with people who don't speak English not even the instructions or announcements with a bladder about to explode. This may be TMI but I have peed once since I started this journey. Once in what like 18 to 20 hours or something? I'm at the window seat and there are two Frenchmen beside me. I can't get out and I really can't even see a bathroom. This very small hot plane smells like perfume and bathroom soap.
They are passing out sandwiches and drinks. I must have gained like 15 lbs already from not drinking and not peeing enough.
Please don't read this and think I am complaining. I'm am very grateful for everything I have gone through. It all has had and has a purpose. I'm just trying to make sure I write every detail of the trip down so I don't forget.
I have seen God's hand in this the entire way. Every one of my prayers has been answered. I am overwhelmed by the love my Father has for me. I dont understand why He chose me for this when so many others seem far more qualified. i cant believe a girl like me with my background who was suppose to amount to nothing is in Paris freakin France! I cant believe i will be in Bulgaria soon. My life long prayer for God to use me for something greater than myself is coming true. drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes. Oh how He love me! this isnt just my boys adoption story. this is a story of redemption. my redemption and i know somehow i was called to do this, to travel here so more healing can take place in my life. Uh oh crying now. Making the Frenchmen uncomfortable. Oh boy.

Be blessed











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.