This whole adoption I have had such peace. Anyone who has gone
through an adoption or is going through one now you know how stressful
the process can be. So I welcomed the peace.
I travel in 8
days. 8 days. In 10 days I will see my children for the first time. I
can't even fathom what that will be like. I'm excited, nervous and
terrified all at once.
We recently got an update on both boys medical and it looks like
Judah has some severe problems. The main problems that concern me are
the kidney issues. I had some nurse friends look over the medical and
they gave me their thoughts. I googled and pulled info from everywhere.
After a few days I was scared. Paul and I were talking about the needs
Judah has. Had he been born our son we would not have chosen to give him
up because of his needs. He is the child God had for us since before he
was formed in his mother's womb.
Both of us talked about our fears and it brought to mind Noah's
adoption. I said to Paul, "remember when they told us if Noah lived at
all he would be a vegetable ? What was going through our minds? I can't
remember. We're we like ok let's jump right on that! What were we
thinking?" Lol. Well if you know me or have followed either of my blogs
you know the testimony Noah has and is to our family. He is the absolute
joy of my life and I would go through it all again in a heartbeat. Why?
Because he is our son. That is how we feel about Judah. God showed him
and Misha to be our children, just like Noah and just like Micah. Noah
was terminal. Micah was deemed a feral animal child. They are home and
thriving.
I can only imagine to the outside world especially non Christ
filled, Spirit led people we look crazy! In fact I don't have to imagine
it, I hear it from others quite often. At the grocery store with all of
my children in tow while I am shopping for dinner. In any given parking
lot when people look at the back of my car and see all the flip flop
stickers. Haha I will never forget one woman looked at them and at me
walked 3 cars past me turned around walked back to me at my car and ask
if that's how many kids I had. Now mind you this was before we had the
stickers for Misha and Judah on there. I said yes. She said "that's
crazy!"( original thought lady) then she went on to tell me that I
needed to be checked into a psych ward because that was really crazy,
like seriously crazy. Ok, thanks for that! I have lost friends over
adopting, especially special needs children. I have had other people
(self proclaimed Christians and non) tell me that it may be a lot of
work, it may cost a lot, my life as I know it will be over, what if my
husband loses his job, what if we can't get them on insurance, what if
the have to go to the hospital all the time.
What I came to realize is that people put a whole lotta hope in
themselves or their job or their doctors or insurance. When I answered
the what ifs with "God will provide" they looked at me like I was naive
or clueless. Our hope is in God and we feel like this is what God called
us to do. He called us so He will equip us.
So back to last night. I was afraid. So I opened the Bible. The
daily verse was: “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord , whose
confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that
sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and
never fails to bear fruit.” Jeremiah 7 and 8.
Due to Judah's medical issues we are going to try to get the boys
adoption expedited. When I get home I need to send paperwork off
immediately. That paperwork is going to cost money. We need 720. For the
rest of the USCIS. We will need updated medical and police clearances.
Our final payment for our agency fees of 4000. is due when I get back.
Then we will need airfare for the boys and myself and trinity. We will
need hotel fees and food. So this means we need to get some more money
coming in.
We still have bracelets we are selling. https://www.wepay.com/stores/wristbands
The amazon ad at the top of this blog is a link and you can click on it and anything you buy we get a percentage of.
We
are having a virtual spaghetti dinner where no one has to actually come
because your 5.00 donation gets a plate of spaghetti given to the
homeless in our area. If we get 300 dinners then we will get the dinners
paid for by a donor and get to keep all the money for the adoption.
Yay! Currently we are at
31 meals sold. https://www.wepay.com/stores/virtual-spaghetti-dinner
We have a link on Reece's rainbow. You can donate there and it is tax deductible. http://reecesrainbow.org/36043/sponsorbeck
If you don't want anything and just want to donate then you can do that too: https://www.wepay.com/donations/EE-adoption
We
need around 9,000. ASAP. To go get them and be fully funded. God can do
it! Will you help be His hands and feet and help us bring our boys
home?
Be blessed
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.