DFW to Chicago
Leaving is always so hard. It was lessened this time by having my husband and oldest daughter with me. I wasn't as lonely. When it comes to travel like this I have this "ok it's go time," mentality. I go into super stealth travel person mode. I get where I need to be with the quickest of ease. I may look like Jim Carey in Pet Detective as I run through the airports but hey I get the job done.
Chicago was easy. Me and trinity had awesome seats with so much leg room. felt more comfortable than first class, i imagine. We had a relatively short flight, no hiccups and a 3 hour layover. We ate at a fancy Italian restaurant in the airport and facetimed with the kids at home.
Chicago to Germany
This would be the long one. The plane was a double decker. We had our seats all together and zero leg room. I barely slept at all. I did however watch Safe Haven. Very very good movie. It was so hot on the plane. Something was wrong with the air in our section and a guy sat in front of Trin and upon sitting Trinitys tv screen flew out the back of her chair. They foxed it and we were off.
I found out the woman who sat beside us the entire flight was also going to Bulgaria and also adopting. This was her first trip. Oh the fun she is in store for. Bulgaria is a wonderful place to visit. She told me if we didn't make the next flight there wasn't another for 7 hours. Panic insued. We made it off the plane and I took my flip flops off grabbed Trins hand and took off running. Again please picture Jim Carey in the pink tu tu swinging arms and legs running through the mental institution.
Out of breath, crampy and with the sudden realization of how dirty my feet now were we got there at 12:45 and boarded almost immediately. But I have been to Germany that counts! 5 mins counts!
Now it is almost 7am Texas time I am on a flight to my boys country and have a minute to write all this down. I will not however think about what is going to happen tomorrow. Not yet. Not on a plane full of strangers. I had a brief moment while exiting the plane in Germany but kept it under control. I am only a couple hours from my boys country. Our lives will forever change tomorrow...do they know?
Be blessed
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.