Day 1
Slow day. All we had was blood work for both boys and Judah had a dental appointment.
I felt so bad because I had no way to tell the, what was happening or where we were going. I don't like to spring stuff on my kids. I told them in English but doubt they understood. We got there and sat down and I had to fill out forms.
Age 11 yrs
Date of last dental exam. Never
Do you brush daily? No
Do you floss? No
How long did the child take a bottle? Oh about 9 years.
Any concerns? Only 100.
What brings you in today? Just all his teeth are rotting out of his mouth.
Wow do I look like a bad parent! Where's the "how long have you had him," question? I promise I take care of my kids!
So we get called back and the dentist sits down. I tell her,"you need to be strong. You can do this.get in there and get us a plan of action. It will be ok." Then I tell Judah in my best Bulgarian that its ok and I love him. Two phrases I can now never say again to him because he thinks they preceded pain. Smart. Real smart.
The dentist gets in there and he screams. She does her best. We get a plan of action. There is good news and bad. He needs to go to the hospital. They will put him under and do X-rays and really look at the teeth. Wonder if I can ask for pictures? Then she will remove all but two teeth from his mouth. His front two are the only permanent ones. They don't look horrible. That is good news. If they were all horrible and had to be pulled he would never have any teeth. The assistant gave him and Misha dinosaurs and toothbrushes. Judah stimmed the whole way to the car. Poor guy.
Surgery set for August 22nd. As long as we can pay before hand. God will provide. I can't wait to see him out of pain. I know what that is like. To be in daily pain with your mouth. Everything hurts. Your ears, your head, your jaw. His though is about 1000x worse than mine ever were. Healing is coming son. Hang on.
Next stop blood work.
Misha and Judah both needed blood work. After being at the dentist Judah already wasn't having it. He starting stimming just walking back to the room.
The woman who was drawing the blood was amazing. She spoke life, health and blessings into the boys lives. I never had a professional do that before. I wish they all did. I started talking about the boys and had her in tears. Paul says I'm good at that. She wants me to come talk to her women's group at her church. My boys testimony will breath life into dry and thirsty bones. I will tell their testimonies until they have the voice to tell it themselves. God will receive all the glory.
Misha went first with the needle and was uneasy but was fine. She had to dig around but found it and one two three done. Then he stood by with his sunglasses on and watched Judah. Judah was tough. His head was going back and forth faster and harder the closer she got to him. He whined and cried. I felt so bad. She had to dig and dig. He has no muscles in his hands so he can't make a fist. Therefore the vein was moving from side to side when the needle was in there. She had to catch it. Once she did it came out pretty fast.
He got a piece of gauze and tape and we were on our way. Once home I took off the bandages and Judah freaked out. So I put a Shrek band aide on it and he quieted down. Feeding him the rest of the day was difficult because he was so guarded.
We ended the day with a trip to the pool and they loved it. Now I need to figure out where I need to be tomorrow and how to be in 4 places at once. And sleep. Yes I need sleep. I will pass the buck and make Paul figure all the stuff out and I will sleep and when I wake p he can tell me where to go and at what time to be there. I'm checking out now.
Be blessed




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.