Friday, July 19, 2013

First doctors visit



Paul and I prepared for this appointment. We had all the papers printed and together. All the records together and ready. We had made a list of concerns on the iPad. Then we forgot all the papers. 

We got to the doctors about 30 mins early so he ran to a fed ex and printed out some of the documents he left at home. While he was gone the boys were sitting quietly. Misha was sitting by me and Judah was in the stroller. This woman who had 3 kids with her, 2 in a stroller and one bouncing around everywhere climbing on furniture and switching the lights on and off, said "you are so lucky he sits!" Without even thinking I said, "he can't walk." Which is true, he can barely stand without complete assistance and walking requires two people holding him.  Oh my. She broke down. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry. So stupid! Oh man I'm sorry really I am." She felt so bad. I was like, "it's ok." 

Then the nurse came out. "We're ready for you." I told her my husband was on his way and she said, "oh does he was the rest of the kids?" I said no and she said, "we are seeing the 5 yr old and 11 yr old today." I said yeah 5 (pointing to Misha) and 11 ( pointing to Judah). She was shocked, "he's 5?!" They kept saying it the whole way back to the room her and another nurse.

So no eyes or hearing check because there was no way to do so. They couldn't tell us or understand what we were asking. 

Judah 
11 years old
Weight 46lbs
Height 47 inches
Bp 106/71
P 109

Misha
5 years old
Weight 22lbs
Height 31 inches
Bp (which took forever) 102/54
P 51

Then she ask if we had any concerns. I got my list out. Not so much concerns as talking points.  The doctor came in and we started the exams. Misha giggled the entire time. Everywhere she touched she laughed. Checking the diaper area, he giggled. Stethoscope on the back he giggled. It was too funny. Then Judah's turn. He did not laugh. He was not happy. She was very careful and good with him. She even checked his mouth. It was bad. None of the teeth are in a row, like top row bottom row. They are everywhere she said. We don't even know if he has any in the back because she couldn't see. His jaw is so tight and locked. 

They were done and she got two lists out. This is what we are going to need and do for Misha and this for Judah. She ordered a walker for Judah. Labs for both, X-rays and ultra sounds for both. She got the list of therapies and is sending the referrals.  She is very on top of it all! We are blessed to have her as their dr. She was concerned about rikkits and other issues with Misha. It was a very thorough appointment. 

Last night the doctor consulted with endo about Misha. They ordered labs and the endo though the one med the orphanage has Misha on was a bit high for him. They haven't discussed what to change it to yet but will be doing that today. We got our walker today. Judah is doing very well with it. He's annoyed at me for making him do laps around the house but he will get over it. 

All in all they are both doing well. 

Be blessed


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.