Monday, August 19, 2013

Dentist x7

Today 7 of our 8 had dental appointments today. Some people like to take one a week or two at a time but I really like one day just taking all of them. Then it is done for another six months. 

So we got there, just me plus 8 and took up almost the entire waiting room haha. It went very smoothly and very fast in my opinion. Got there at 10:15 for a 10:30 appointment and we were in the car pulling out of the parking lot at 12:35 :)

The girls did great. T had a crown put on after cleaning. She was in a bit of pain but it has subsided now. 

N did not want to do anything.
"Can you get up on the chair?"
NO!
"Can I take a picture of you teeth?" 
NO!
"Can you open wide?"
NO!
Lol. He was a hoot. And somehow his charms worked because he was given 2 cars toothbrushes! He has no cavities. Yay! 

M did great except was trying to get away with stuff while I wasn't looking. I kept a closer eye on him and he did great. No cavities. 

S was a dainty lil princess and did fantastic. She has no cavities but needs braces. They aren't in a big rush and either am I as she is only 6!!i can't believe they even do braces that little. Oh and she has her molars coming in and has I think 4 more loose teeth. 

A did great. Last time she would not let them do anything. This time she did it all. X-rays, cleaning, check up. All done. All good. No cavities. 

C did good too but she has a lot of cavities. Her plan includes several more visits and a 1600.00 out of pocket bill. Oy vay! 

This was Misha's first ever dentist appointment. He hated it! First, they started out asking me to change his birthday.
"Ma'am we will need you to change his birthday. You put he was 5 and a half years. "
No, that's right. (Smiling)
"But..5 and a half years?? Him?!" (Confused)
Yep he's tiny and has pan hypo pit. 
"Oh, ok."(still clearly confused)
They tried to do an X-ray but his mouth was too small and he gagged. They said when he is bigger they can.  Then they ask me to lay down in the chair and hold him. So I did. He was all happy til she looked in his mouth. He was like get the heck outta here lady! She then cleaned his teeth and he did well. The doctor looked and we have some major cavities and such. He needs to be at the hospital put to sleep and have the work done just like J. 

I was complimented by everyone on how well behaved the kids all are. There was a mom there who has 8 kids, one adopted. She only had 4 with her. 2 were older.  Then I had a mom tell me how impressed she was with how well they all played and took care of each other. This mom actually just started the adoption process for a child in foster care under 3. 

Then we got a God given blessing. When I went to pay they said we had a credit so the bill was much much less than I thought. Thank you Jesus!!

It was a GREAT day.
Be blessed













No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.