Sunday, September 1, 2013

Judah day 3

Lets start with day 2 at night. I came home to get some sleep like the doctor said to do. They placed the ng tube to give this medicine to him to poop. I called the hospital to see how he was and to my surprise he wasn't very good. Health wise fine but he had ripped his tube out 2 separate times and was pulling his IV out. 
They called the doctor to see what to do and he said restraints but the nurses said that's too much paperwork so they ordered a sitter to stay with him. He had been given adavan or adaral what ever the happy juice is called. It didnt take effect as fast as they would have liked then he got melatonin at 9. 
The stuff to make him go should have worked fast the doctors say. He didnt pee or poop until 6:30am. That's about around 12 hours after the tube was placed and meds started. The nurses couldn't believe it. 
When he finally went it was liquid. The nurse explained that there was probably hard stool in there for so long that the body compensated by making the b, liquid to go around the blockage. Every 45 mins he would have a blowout. Then several hours into it he vomited over and over and it was whole not chewed undigested food. They think it was sitting in the esophagus  area or up really high because there was no room. 
They did four bed changes the first few hours of the medicine. After many many many more outfit changes they decided to leave him without a gown on. That is when I arrived. I brought two of his little sisters. They fought the entire time we were there. Sigh
During our visit he got balloons and we played with them and toys and hung out. He was happy and engaging. They told me he is scheduled for a renal scan on Tuesday. So that is good. We aren't sure if the ng tube is just for the meds or will be something that stays in for awhile. We will wait to see the doctor tomorrow. 
The entire time I was there he didn't pee or poop. When the nurse came in again and he had not gone she started searching for the answer. She ask if the feeding bag had been replaced. I said no. Then I said,"doesn't he get 500mls an hour? That bag is full and it's a 500ml bag." She was thinking the same thing as me. She checked sure enough it got reset after the last change and was set at a 0.1ml an hour. So she quickly fixed it. So thankful for smart, caring nurses. 
I told Judah I would see him tomorrow morning and I headed out. He started to cry as I was getting ready to leave. I loved on him some more and didnt want to go and I prayed over him more and as I was I felt his tummy rumbling. I looked at him and he was swallowing. I ask the nurse and she sat him up and as I walked out he let out an open mouth scream right before she sat him up. That is progress. Of course I don't like it that my son is upset or in pain but opening his mouth to scream and or vomit is a huge step for him. He never opens his mouth. I do mean never. Slightly for bites of food but otherwise no. He was choking on medicine a few weeks back and refused to open his mouth to catch his breath or cough. :( 
So bright and early I am going to head to the hospital to spend the day. I miss him and wish he were home, but I know this is necessary. Please pray for him.

Be blessed










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.