They found it! The source of the fever. It's a UTI. The first urine came back clean but then they sent it away to grow stuff and grow it did. Apparently the most common UTI comes from ecoli. Judah's however is not from ecoli. It is something that sounds like produce. They put him on IV antibiotics but wanted to wait to send him home until the fever was more stable. So we wait.
The doctors keep saying in the next day or so he will come home. Praying that day comes soon. Also the doctor told me that only one kidney is really function and if the source of his infections a coming from the bad kidney it may need to come out. You can live with one good kidney so that's a plus.
I have to say, yes, this week has been stressful. Paul got a stye in his eye and it swelled up to about triple it's size, AJ has a UTI, Judah's been in the hospital, my body hurts from my head to my feet and I threw my shoulder out, Paul's motorcycle died (that was our second car), our truck is dying and we can't for the life of us find a 15 passenger van. We don't want to go into debt for one so we have some money set aside but no vans. But God! I have had a peace that you only have when you are waiting in His presence.
Every need has been met as He promised. I am thankful. Thankful for a hospital that doesn't make me pay before they treat my son. Thankful for a truck that although dying still gets me to and from doctors appointments and the hospital daily. Gas to put in the truck. Money to pay for the doctors visits, dental visits, gas and groceries. Thankful for the van that God will bring to us because I know He will supply all my needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus in Glory. Thankful that my children's bellies are full and they have no idea what it is like to be hungry. Thankful for the volunteers who sit with my son in the hospital when I can't be there. Thankful that Judah is thriving in the hospital and well loved by all who meet or know him. Thankful for a company that will allow my husband to take off on a moments notice to care for his family. Or work from home because he has to help me out. Thankful for a husband who wants to help me and puts his family first. Thankful that God gave Paul the strength to deal not only with me but with 8 kids, four of which have special needs, half who aren't his biologically (or mine for that matter haha) and the ability to cook great and make things like furniture for us and the energy to do it all. Extremely grateful that he loves me and wants to be with me and still finds me attractive. Thankful that Paul is getting some grey hair and looks so sexy with it! Thankful for money to pay our bills. Thankful for dentists that take care of us and take our mouth pain away. Thankful for our house, yard, tire swing, the ability to grow some of our own food. So thankful for everything.
When I look at all I have and how very blessed I am it is hard to be stressed and anxious. God has never failed me. He will never leave me (or YOU!) or forsake me. He feeds the birds and loves us way more than them.
I just encourage you to wake up and praise Him and thank Him daily. All day long. Sounds like a lot and you may think I could never fill up much of that time with thanks but you totally can. Each day I find more and more to thank Him for and more and more joy and peace comes over me. Try it.
What are you thankful for today?
Be grateful

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.