Sunday, September 15, 2013

Testimony



I want to shove the stick down the lions throat. I wanted to tell you the many ways God has blessed us. I will stick to just this past year though because to tell you all we have been blessed with I would speak forever. 

Last year we were called to adopt. I always feel it first then it takes Paul a little longer. He said he didn't feel it and once our son Noah was completely healed we would adopt again. Fast forward one week we started the process, why? Because God heard my husband and healed my son! 

I decided that I would cut God a break and go for a "free" child. I didn't want to fundraise or worry about money. Silly, silly woman.  So we headed to the adoption agency and put in the papers. The process was long and difficult. Seemed like it was a whole lotta waiting and a whole lot of "you are never gonna get a child because you are too different." Meaning homeschooling, non vaccinating, radical Christ follower. 

We found Micah online and inquired about him. I know in Texas there is a saying that the devil lives in Dallas but I know the truth, he lives in Houston at the Child Protective Services office. We were in the fight of Micah's life and didn't even realize it.  During our wait a friend went to Bulgaria to meet her children. There she took a picture of a little boy named Misha and told me she found my son. I laughed. Paul hated to travel. Refused to adopt internationally due to heartbreak in Russia years prior. Although, joy certainly did come in the morning of that situation, but that's another God story. 

I called Paul and told him our friend found our son. I guess I should back track a minute to tell you that I had prayed that God would give Paul discernment to know who our children were. Also it may be important to know that that friend did not get the children that she met on the trip where she saw Misha. 

Now, where was I? Oh yes, I called Paul and told him our friend saw Misha and said he was ours. We laughed. I sent him the picture she gave me. Immediately Paul told me something that I will never forget. Something that changed our lives forever. "That's my son! We have to go get him!" 

Forgetting what I had ask God, I actually told Paul he was crazy. Foster care adoption free, internationally adoption $30,000.00 now if you know me at all you know that I constantly tell people that money is not a reason to not follow God's command. Yes, it is a command. James 1:27 

We had sixty cents in the bank when we committed to adopt Misha from Bulgaria. We contacted the people we needed to and they came back and said Misha wasn't available for adoption. I thought Paul had gotten it wrong. See honey I am always right! Misha isn't even available! Haha. A week later we heard back from them saying he was available now and we could proceed. God is awesome.  A week after that I saw a picture online of a boy laying in a crib who looked to be about one though his face looked much older. I ask about him. He was in the same orphanage as Misha. I called Paul. He said to commit to him to. That boy is now called Judah. He was eight years old in that picture I saw. 

Two! I agreed to one more God! I wanted to do a free adoption. One child with Down syndrome in Houston and somehow we are now going for two in Bulgaria with a price tag of 27,000.00 give or take. Wow! We needed 1400. In a week in order to proceed. The night before we needed it, the 1400.00 came. That is how the whole adoption process went. Each time we needed the money it came. Some through fundraising other times people just handed us money saying God told them too. I love it! Half way through the process for Misha and Judah we got a call, Micah was ours. 

Three?! Three! Lord, I said one. I allowed two, now you are saying three? We would be going from a family of 7 to a family of 10 practically overnight! We couldn't fit that many more in our vehicle. Paul said that wasn't a good enough reason to not adopt. God would have to provide a vehicle big enough for our family. 

Well, you know how this ends. God brought in over 31,000.00 in less than 15 months. He also brought us a 15 passenger van we refused to go into debt for. Paul didnt want to pay over 1800 and the van we ended up buying the man lowered the price by  400.00 without us asking and the price was 1800.00. He said it needed an alternator or battery but ended up needed a 15.00 part. It's old and my pride almost had me say no, but it is beautiful and blessed. A 1988 van with 69,000 miles and perfect paint not even faded, that use to be a church van. Talk about awesome. 

So that and so much more is what God did for us the past year. He also paid for my dental work from a women online I don't know and got us a perfect house with more than I ask for in it. But that is a testimony for another time. 

I think of David when he said, "who am I and who is my family that You have brought me this far?" 

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.