I finally have a minute to sit and write. I don't even know where I left off.
Judah broke his fibula and tibula while at the doctors office. He was getting off the doctors table. I had my hand on his back. He was almost reaching the stool but fell. It was about a foot at most he fell. He showed no signs of being in pain or anything. We found out from the X-ray it was broke and his bones look horrible from malnutrition and neglect. Most likely osteoporosis.
He has an orange cast and we had to buy a wheelchair. 4000.00!!! Our part was 1200.00 you would think its really cool for that price but nope. Just a regular chair.
Judah is doing very well with drinking. He is drinking pedisure and we just found out that insurance won't pay for it. If he had a gtube they would have to. But we are trying at all cost to avoid the gtube yet they won't cover it. He is suppose to have at least two a day but he was losing more weight so I give him as much as he wants. He loves it! I figured out he is getting like 1500 calories in drinks a day plus he eats some food on top of that. We had a very good friend bring us by peptiman jr formula and that has helped. I am going to call the insurance company and see what we can do.
We still have no COC so we can't apply for Medicaid buy in program. That would help us get therapy. Although they were just proved for OT. The problem with our insurance is they only allow 20 visits per year. And that is of all therapies together not separate. They need way more than that per therapy let alone combined.
He is smiling and laughing more and he can sign a few words and also is learning body parts. Still only pees at night which is frustrating but all in all he is doing amazing right now.
Well this took all day to write with hours in between paragraphs so now it's time for bed. Nite!
Be blessed




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.