I have found Judahs love language, coffee and m&m minis :) I can't even begin to tell you how great and how different Judah has been lately.
In the morning when he wakes up I give him coffee and peptiman jr mixed over ice. The results have been nothing short of miraculous. He is social, smiling all day, he plays both by himself and with others. He is doing so well! I can't even describe the changes he has made. It is amazing.
Judah started opening his mouth and making sounds!! I can't even believe it. It's awesome. He can not form any words yet but just using his voice is huge. When he did it he immediately put his hands up in front of his face like to protect himself from being hit. Hmmm. How did the orphanage keep those kids quiet? We praise every noise he makes. It was funny watching him make noise. He acted like a person who is deaf and hears for the first time. It was just beautiful to see.
He and I have gotten closer too. It's amazing what dirty looks can do. He use to give me such hateful looks. I didn't want anything to do with him. I would take care of him but not really go near him or love on him. I never held him. I never played with him or interacted with him. He hated me, at least that's what I thought because of his non verbal cues.
The coffee changed that. I hold him. I play with him. I talk to him. I love on him. I give kisses to him. He smiles a lot. Almost all day. It's wonderful. I started playing a game with him where I would throw m&m minis into his mouth. He would laugh so hard when I missed his mouth, which was quite often as I apparently have horrible aim. Lol. We are both learning and growing. It's not easy to parent a child who has had such horrific trauma. God is there to meet me in the thick of it and help me find a way to reach my boy. I could not do this without God.













No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.