Thursday, November 21, 2013

First big road trip for the boys



Micah, Misha and Judah are going to be going on their first big road trip. Well you know other than Misha and Judah's trek half way around the world to come home. :) 

Saturday we will be headed to Pa for a week of family time and relaxation. No therapies! No doctor appointments! What will that be like? Oh I absolutely can't wait! Lots of exclamations I know but this is huge! We haven't had this since before the boys came home and even before that because Micah has therapy too. 

We don't want this to be a vacation where we run for the entire time we are gone and come home exhausted. We want to see family and friends but want to stay at the cabin and have our friends come to us, preferably with Starbucks, lol, just kidding. We really need to just hang out, all of us together at the same time. Here it's me running and a sitter watching some of the kids and Paul at work. Then Paul running with some of the kids and me at home with the rest or me at home with 5 hours of therapy with all the kids not getting anything done because of therapy. I want to hang out, play, do whatever we want whenever we want. I want to paint little girls nails and play football with little boys. I want to play board games, shoot my now and laugh! 

I spent the bulk of today packing 8 children's clothes in between therapy that was here from 9-2 today. I have a sore throat so after I got the kids to nap I laid down. For about 30 seconds before one of them needed me for something. I guzzled down some umcka (awesome natural med) put some ear phones in and laid down. 
Seems like we really need a uhaul just to go not his vacation. We have 4 kids in diapers, 4 on meds, one in several different meds at several different times per day, we need our ninja to purée food for Judah, we need Judah's formula and Noah and Misha's pedisure, Micah's Vaseline, the wheelchair and walker the kuirig for Judah's coffee and a bunch of other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Tomorrow I pack my clothes and then all our bath stuff. Then we set out on the road trip. A 28 hour trip. A cabin in the woods. A week together as a family. Thanksgiving.  So super excited!!!

Please pray for us. The boys are usually excellent travelers but Micah is having some behaviors already, I think he fears we are going to leave him. Also I am sure. Misha and Judah will be very confused and understandably upset with new surroundings. Pray for peace and please pray for a stress free healthy happy vacation. 

Thanks
Be blessed
Also today we made brownies. Judah loves brownie batter, lol. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.