Sunday, November 3, 2013

Orphan Sunday


Today is orphan Sunday. I could list a bunch of famous quotes and statistics but would it do any good? We've all heard them before. 

What can I say that could change hearts, help orphans find families, convict hearts to give to widows, orphans and fatherless? Nothing. There is nothing I can do. Only God can change hearts, set the lonely in families and set the captive free.  So today I will pray. And I ask y'all to pray too. 

Lord, thank you for loving us. Thank you for loving us when we are unlovable. Thank you for loving us when we disobey. Thank you for opening our eyes to the plight of the orphan. I pray Lord that every child would know the love of a family. I pray that you would convict hearts of those who need convicting and they would boldly step out in faith to help the orphans, widows and fatherless. Forgive us for not doing more. I pray you would open Your church's eyes and ears and we would stand up for the orphans, that we would be a voice to the fatherless. Use us Lord. Use me Lord. I pray every adoption would be paid for and money would not keep families apart. Heal every hurt child and let them accept the love of a family. Thank you for being our Papa. In Jesus mighty name I pray. Amen.


Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.