Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Six months home (a little late)

Has it really been six months? I feel like they have always been here. 

In keeping it real things right now are difficult. Made even more difficult by having to deal with a lying, thieving insurance company every single day.  The boys can't continue their much needed therapy due to insurance issues and we are trying to get other insurance but that is going to take awhile. 

Judah is back to not listening, not engaging, not wanting to be here, being defiant. It's hard. Selective mutism is hard too. If he would talk to us we could help but he refuses all forms of communication, verbal, sign language, cards, choices etc.  we found a game not he iPad that he enjoys. Every morning I give him his meds and vit d, vit b, calcium carbonate, espresso and his formula.  

Some really great news is that recently Judah has been taking some unassisted steps. He has been cleared from hematology with no bleeding disorders. The cause of the bruising is still unknown but there could be many different factors. Judah pees on the potty every night before bed and is now not waking up drenched in urine. 

Misha is sick all the time. His spirits are good but the kid seriously can't catch a break. He has fevers several times a month every month. All but one has been without any cause. One was because of a UTI.  We just have to ride it out. I wish there was more we could do. Right now he has just gotten over the fever and is having some nasty nasal drainage. He just had another appointment with his endo and we found out her is growing like a weed height wise. He still needs to put on more weight but he grew one inch in a month and one pound as well. He is now 24.9 lbs (fully dressed) and 33 inches. They have upped his growth hormone a tiny bit and soon we will start testosterone. He is still happy almost all of the time but has cried a few times which is appropriate, so we are very grateful about that.

Soon I will head back over to Bulgaria to help a friend bring her child home. I am so honored to have this opportunity and it comes at a great time. I really need a break. It's been me and the kids 24/7 for 6 months. I am never apart from them and if I am it's for an hour or two at most. I think this is a great opportunity for us to get a break from each other and come back more bonded to one another. We will see.

Be blessed







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.