Friday, May 9, 2014

FYI

Osteoporosis treatment 1

Will yesterday was the long awaited day to finally get his first osteoporosis treatment. Judah and I arrived at the hospital at 3 and the room was waiting for us. The room is huge. The nurse said they reserve these rooms for the endo kids. So I guess that's an osteoporosis perk. Glass half full :) 

The nurses and everyone was wonderful. Judah has been very calm and seems ok. No stimming like he normally does when we get to the hospital. We got to go downstairs to see the symphony orchestra play. He loved it. He really loves music. His name fits him very well. 

Treatment started at 8pm and went until midnight. No side effects or allergic reactions and he even fell asleep around 9 which is way early for him. This morning he woke up late too. I love that he is sleeping more and more. Beats the 20 mins a night he was sleeping when we first brought him home. 

The doctor came in to check on him last night. She is a wonderful endo. I'm so glad we found such an amazing doctor. We talked about the fact that some anonymous internet stalker/stranger turned us in for medical neglect. She looked at me and said, "don't worry, I took care of that. Case is closed." She said its ridiculous that a stranger that doesn't know us can make a false report like that even worse that resources were  used to follow up on a false claim when kids who are needing the help aren't getting it. 

We have done some digging thanks to my many many online friends bringing me info and we plan once the case is closed to press charges against the person for filing a false report. They weren't so clever online. You know I'm not angry about it. God is so good. He brought me a peace surrounding this whole ordeal and honestly all I felt was sad for the person and people who bully others online and who say horrible hateful things about other families online. How sad, pathetic and awful their life must be to be filled with so much hate. If you are reading this I pray God would soften your heart, you would turn from your wicked ways and repent. Forgive yourself and whoever you need to forgive because the anger you have and hatred you spew is toxic. It's not hurting anyone but you. It didn't hurt me. It actually was a relief. Since I was a foster kid when I was younger and had a rough childhood I was always afraid of CPS. Even when I was bloody and bruised they didn't believe me. So when I got the call from CPS about this false allegation fear rose inside me, but then God whispered to me, "I will never leave you or forsake you. These children are yours. You are a good mother and they are with you for a reason. I chose you for this. Don't fear. I got this." And He did. 

I am glad we had the ability to hide this from our kids. Having children from rough places they tend to get very scared when a caseworker comes for a post placement report or to check on them even a social visit is hard for them so the last thing we needed was to traumatize already traumatized children. Which I know was probably not the intent of the person who turned us in. 
Also we ended up raising 200.00 more dollars toward his dental surgery. What satan intended for evil God used for good.

Look, I don't anyone an explanation. I let you see a part of my life in this blog, just a part. You don't see the whole. I am very open and honest but I don't write every thing going on or long explanations everyday.  Some of you have ask about the insurance and find it hard to believe they won't pay. Our dental insurance will cover the dental part of the surgery, extractions, doctor, cleaning, X-rays, etc. they will not cover anything medical. This is true for most dental plans. Medical usually picks up the medical part. We have UHC and if you want you can call them and complain because I sure do almost daily. They won't cover the medical portion meaning the hospital use, anesthesia and whatever else the hospital side is. They will only cover it if it is the result of an accident. We have got our pre determination denial in the mail Monday and I called and begged and screamed and then said we are appealing. We have the doctor sending us a letter of medical necessity for the appeal and are doing an expedited appeal which they said takes 190 days. Shameful! We also filled out grant information, followed up on all leads given by people online, called Medicaid and ask then to please hurry the process for the Medicaid buy in program which we applied for last September. The hold up was they kept asking for more and more information and when we would send it they would ask for more. We have applied for traditional Medicaid (which we do not qualify for) and when we get our denial letter we may be able to get picked up by some charity programs.

Why would we adopt two more boys with special needs if our insurance wasn't good enough. We wouldn't. We had great insurance. For my other two sons we had Medicaid as a back up because they were adopted in the US and have SN, one private and one from state care. We knew what would and wouldn't be covered and we had great coverage. Then the boys came home. Judah needed a lot of work right away as did Misha. We met our out of pocket max meaning we blew through our 8,000.00 savings in about 2 months (for medical only) from them coming home. That's what emergency funds are for. Met our out of pocket and were covered at 100%. We called UHC to confirm they did. A month later they stopped paying all claims. They stuck us with a 15,000.00 formula bill for 3 months worth of Judah's formula. They said what formula they covered and what to get, we did they told the DME they would pay then three months later they said nope not covered not needed. They are a bunch of crooks. We filed 109 appeals and they were delivered to them on Dec 24th via registered mail because the claims/ appeals before they said never got to them. 
One by one some of them came back saying appeal denied. We then went to the Texas board of insurance, I think that's what it's called. We showed them proof of what was happening they said they would help. Then we got a letter in the mail from them and attached to it was a letter from UHC saying something to the effect of you can't touch us (UHC) because we are a private entity. What?!
We have to file all 109 appeals again in hopes that this time they will be reviewed by an outside agency and not UHC. 
Also I got a call last month saying that the 15,000.00 bill was taken care of. By insurance? No. I don't know who actually I do, thanks God. He supplies all my needs.
So I'm sure I missed something but we aren't just sitting on our busts asking for money while we jump in a pool of money and swim around while evil laughing. We grow our own food, a perfect stranger that God sent to our house one night has filled our deep freezer full of meat. 16 roasts, 61 pounds of ground beef, steaks, fish, Sausage. What a blessing. We are firm believers in helping others. I like to be the giver not the receiver. My love language is giving. It makes my heart happy. We don't give to get. God has reminded me over and over again that you reap what you sow and when you sow bountifully you reap bountifully. He tells us in the Bible to give our tithes and God says to test him. Even though Paul and I don't intentionally test Him he, when I feel so undeserving of the blessings He reminds me.

So why did we adopt our children? Do we have a savior complex? Were we saving a child? Heck no. We adopted our children because God ask us to. We simply obeyed. There isn't a day that goes by that I wish that adoption didn't have to be. That these children would have be able to stay with their birth parents and be loved and cared for. Maybe if more of society would give to people rather than judging why the person is asking adoption wouldn't be necessary. If you have a problem with adoption do something. Spewing hate isn't getting results. Give whatever you can, whatever you have to keep the families together. Be the change you want to see in this world. It's so very easy (and cowardly)  to talk without action. I think the reason adoptive families are talked about is because the person talking is jealous. 

1 Corinthians 13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

God loves you.

Be blessed

He got a pillow from a volunteer at the hospital and loves it!

I brought glow sticks so we could have some fun in the dark.

Just happy and hanging out.


This was the teen symphony orchestra that we saw while at the hospital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.