Thursday, May 15, 2014

Judah's medical update

Judah

Today I took Judah to the doctor for his pre surgical physical and to discuss feeding and I have been concerned with his weight. While I was there I was going to give her the blood pressure readings we did at home and get her input. I have been saying for months that his BP seems high while at doctors and hospitals but they say it's because he doesn't like doctors. So I did them at home to compare.

Judah walked with his walker into the office. It took forever but he did it! All the staff came out to watch him and cheer him on. When they did his weight he was back down to 46lb. He just doesn't keep on weight at all. He gains well during times when he is in his wheelchair then any movement he burns it all off. The nurse took his temp and he had a low grade fever. Ears, nose, throat all clear.  The temperature is most likely from the infection is his mouth. 

I showed the dr the blood pressure readings I got at home and she looked up what today's was at the office and they were all high. Time to call nephrology (kidney doctor) and get another visit.  They told us at the first and only visit that we just needed to wait for Judah's kidneys to fail. They were bad but not bad enough yet. The function was 60/40 and one was hypo plastic. Now, it seems, the time has come to go and get a second look. 

The doctor wants us to see Neurology now too. We believe that Judah has a cerebral palsy. We would like to get a firm answer on whether or not he has it.

About the weight issue she wants us to put a tbs of canola oil in each of his cans of formula. We will see if that helps and then revisit the gtube at a later date.

He was all cleared for his surgery.  We are still waiting to hear if we got the grant for the surgery. If we are approved we will get the anesthesia and hospital paid for in full. The money we raised for the surgery will go to his medical bills not covered by the grant or his bone treatment. We owe 3,000.00 every time he gets the treatment done. He had his first, of 4 for the year, last week.  If we do not get the grant for surgery then we put the money raised so far down as a deposit. After that we make payments to pay it off.

Paul also has been speaking to his Hr department about our insurance plan. They too are looking into things on their end. All the hours of calling everyone under the sun and being very close to calling our local news, looks like it is all working out. Thank you Jesus. 

Keep Judah in your prayers. 

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.