I'm a mess, but I'm a beautiful mess. I'm His masterpiece, and that's enough.
I absolutely loved this movie. I was given the gift of seeing a movie by myself on Mother's Day. I chose to see. Moms night out. Everyone I talked to said it was hilarious. When I found out it was rated PG I was really looking forward to it. I wanted to laugh but I didn't want to have to hear the f word every other word. Then I found out it was a Christian film and I was even more intrigued.
The movie was funny, but what I didn't expect was to cry. There were several parts that just made me bawl like a baby. Not because it was sad, no, but because it was exactly what I needed to hear. I felt like God was speaking directly to me through this movie. Towards the end of the movie the main character begins to cry about how she isn't enough. The biker dude with the southern drawl says, "enough for who?" She says, her husband, her kids, everyone. He says "you. You aren't enough for you." Then he goes into this great monologue that I wish I remembered so I could write it down and read it and reread it. He says how we (moms) seem to put so much stress on ourselves and so many expectations. Basically we are hardest on ourselves and we shouldn't be because God loves us and He has us just where we are suppose to be. He chose us ,for the children we have, for a reason. I related so much to the main character.
The movie showed me that all moms seem to think they are failing at something and we all seem to think everyone but us has it all together. So many times especially since adopting special needs children, I have felt like a failure. Apparently so has my stalker as she talks about it often online, lol. (Or so I've been told. I don't have time to read rubbish) Often times while praying I have ask God why me. In good times and bad I ask why me God. Why did you choose me to be his mother? I've felt inadequate. I've felt undeserving. I've felt like so many other people would have been a better mother. Then today after watching this movie I know I am exactly where I am suppose to be. Satan is a liar. I am a child of the Most High King. I am blessed and highly favored. I am beauty from ashes. I am His beloved. If I was the only person on earth my Papa would have still sent His one and only son to die a horrific death just to save me from Hell.
We all fall short. We aren't suppose to go at this alone. It's okay to ask for help. I'm not a bad mom for reaching out and asking for help. The devil tries to keep us alone and segregated and in those times he tells us that asking for help is wrong. He gets his lackeys to get behind a computer screen and attack moms for reaching out in hopes that they keep quiet. He's hoping we take down our blogs, give back our children or do something horrible.
I pray that anyone reading this blog would know that Jesus loves you. You aren't a failure. You aren't a nobody. He loves you. He loves you so very much and wants nothing more that to bless you. Run into His arms and find peace. Find joy. I pray you would find joy unspeakable. Joy is a powerful weapon against the enemy, use it.
John 10:10 The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11
Psalm 23:5-6
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.
Be blessed

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.