Today I took Micah to his class at Sunday school. I put him in with the typical Kindergardeners. He was a whole head smaller than the other kids. He seemed unsure at first, but then really seemed to be enjoying himself. He even said his memory verse. It wasnt audible more like he moved his lips but he did it.
Some of the kids in that class were really hyper. They were all over the place, getting into everything, causing trouble, screaming. Made me realize how blessed I have it. Some of them, well most actually, would not listen at all. It was getting very annoying.
Then we went to Childrens Church. They combined a few grades together in one room for this, so Sarie came in and sat right next to Micah. She is very proud of her brother. Her and Micah were very good. I told them several times how proud I was of them.
Then a little girl came up to me and ask, "why does his face look like that?" pointing to Micah. I told her that he had down syndrome and ask if she knew what that was. She said no and I told her it means it takes him a little longer to learn thats all and his face has beautiful almond shaped eyes. You know I dont really see him looking different so it kind of surprised me that she noticed. The little one seemed satisfied with my answer and I picked up Micah and put him on my lap and said, "This is Micah and he is my little boy." She gave me the weirdest look and said, "Really?" lol. Yep he is all mine.
Then after church we watched Trinity and over 200 others get baptized. Micah did great all day. Now tomorrow is school. Im not ready. Early morning and a toothache that wont go away. I wish I could go with him but I will have to trust his teachers.
Be blessed
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.