Thursday, June 13, 2013

Blessings

"Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.” Luke 6:38 ESV

Yesterday we found out that we could save over 2000.00 on airfare, but we had to buy the tickets by 4pm. We were 3100.00 short.  This took into account an amount we were told we would be given.  In reality we needed almost the entire amount around 6000. We couldn't get a loan, we didn't have enough to give ourselves, no rich relatives, there was nothing humanly possible that I could do.  I prayed all day. At 3pm a friend told me that she had just put a large amount into our account.  Still we were short. 4pm had come and gone and we were still short. 

I didn't wallow. I didn't yell at God or get mad.  If we didn't have the money and lost the plane tickets we would get an even better deal or the car wash would bring it all in. How did I know this? I knew because God did not bring 25,000.00 in to leave me short a few thousand! I know that my God supplies ALL my needs. Philippians 4:19 says this: And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

I had no need to worry. So I didn't. I trusted. 

We got an email saying the tickets could still be bought until morning.  Praise The Lord. We needed the only to come in. I went to Facebook and put a link to we pay on tons of friends pages. I prayed. God was going to do something. Something big. 

After swimming with the kids and eating dinner we were all just hanging out. It was around 8pm. Four hours after the deadline. I started to relax and play a game and a message popped up. I clicked on it and it took my breath away. I couldn't breath and I don't cry in front of people so I excused myself and handed the computer to Paul to read the message. 

I ran to the bathroom aka my prayer closet and my cry room :) and I fell on my knees praising my Papa. Thank you Papa! How did you catch me by surmise again? I knew you would come through but this? Thank you Lord. 

I guess y'all who don't follow me on Facebook are wondering what the message said. A beautiful amazing family decided to give us the rest of what we needed and a little more.  We thanked them over and over and over again. We thanked God over and over again. Then we number crunched. 

The crazy thing is after that money was coming in from all around. We ended up with a few hundred dollars more than needed for the airfare.  So now we can eat while we are there :)  So today we buy the tickets. It is finished! 

God is so good. 

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.