Sunday, June 23, 2013

Dentists!!

So I have horrible teeth. Dunno why really. They keep getting worse. Well I decided since we finally had dental insurance this would be the year I would get my mouth fixed. Typically I went every single day for years with mouth pain of some sort. This was going to be my year!! (Last year) 

January came and I started. One dentists quoted us at I believe over 12,000.00 sigh. It would have to wait we didn't have that. They said that my insurance didn't cover a thing. How could that be? There was open enrollment for another dental insurance a month later and we enrolled. 

So then we went to another dentist. The price was 1400. I was so relieved. We started doing the work. After 3000.00 out of pocket and all our insurance used up I had to stop. I was no where near done and in pain everyday. 

The pain and infection intensified. My dentist sent me a letter saying that I needed more work done and she could do payments. I called to see what could be done. When I got there she two most important ones that needed done she could no longer do. I would have to see a specialist. She called and made me an appoint,don't with one that could take payments. After I got the root canals done by him I needed to come back and get rods and crowns placed. 

The endo agreed to help and said we would need to pay 4 payments of around 600. Each. I agreed. Then I prayed. Lord there is no way we can afford that. But the pain is so bad God. I'm trusting You. Heal my teeth right now or somehow get us the money for the payments. 

I went and had the root canals done.  He told me to get to my dentist right away because the teeth could crumble. I called the dentist and they said to come on in they could help. Once I made the hour trip down there they told me I needed to give them 1000. As a down payment and then monthly payments of  around 400.00 for a year. I was upset they didn't tell me that over the phone. I left thinking what have I done? All that money and all that work for nothing?! 

I went home and prayed the whole way home. Lord, you will just have to make my teeth strong until I can find the money. Then I ask a friend to pray. She suggested her dentist so I called. I went there and it was close to home. I really liked them and the price was a few thousand less, but still, I needed the money before they could do the work.  I didn't leave upset. God would have to show p. one way or another He would have to. 

I never imagined the way He would show up. 

One night I was going to bed and my email notification dinged. It was after the car wash. Late that night. It was not an address I recognized but the first few words had me interested so instead of hitting delete, I opened it. 

It was from a woman who read my blog and was moved by it. She was adopting teens from the Ukraine and wanted to help pay for my dental.  

Manna from Heaven folks! 

I started to cry and had Paul read it. I couldn't believe it. I thanked God, thanked this woman and went to bed. Although it took a long time that night because I was so excited. 

The next day satan tried to make me doubt. It was probably a hoax. Stuff like that doesn't really happen. I prayed and thanked God. I ask Him to help me in my unbelief. I called the dentist and they agreed to do the work but hold the permanent crowns until they were paid. I scheduled the appointment.

When I reread the email I noticed it said help with my dental work not pay for my dental work. I got scared. What if they sent a small amount (I would be grateful but the dentist would not be.) and I didn't have the amount to cover the rest? I prayed. I said God you know the perfect amount. Show it to them and whatever they give it will be enough because You didn't bring me this far to fail me now. 


I had the dental surgery. Rods were placed and temporary crowns on. On the way home my husband called me. He said he got the check and his face hit the floor. I said how come? He said "Ashlee, it's 4500.00!" The phone went silent. I cried so hard. I could only muster the words"thank You Papa." 

I did not know if it was enough to cover both dentists for these two teeth but I didn't care. I was amazed. The note said "I hope this amount doesn't disappoint." Disappoint? Heck no. I can't even tell you how grateful I am. I can't say thank you enough. 

When Paul and I did the math the money was the exact amount we needed to pay for my two teeth to the two separate dentists. How great is our God?

Today, I am healing and only in a bit of pain at certain times of the day. For the most part I am pain free. For the first time in years and years, too many to even count I don't have a constant toothache. 

Thank you to the woman who said yes to God and paid for my miracle. Thank you to my Papa who loves me enough to take care of me in such amazing ways. 

Matthew 6:26
Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are?

Be blessed


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.